For those who have everything, one more

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

For those who have everything, one more

#1 Post by David Jones »

If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

George Hussey
356 Fan

Re: For those who have everything, one more

#2 Post by George Hussey »

It was always my dream to drive the track, and I was finally lucky enough to meet and get to know very well, a guy who lives less than ten kilometers from the Nurbergring. Now every time I visit him, I always get to drive ten laps in a vintage 911 I think that if I was in a 356, I would get blown away
George Hussey

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

#3 Post by Dan Macdonald »

David,
I'm lucky enough to have driven the Nurburgring, but I've never been able to get on the Spa circuit.
Since my wife is Belgian, and I love to drive, Spa is on my bucket list.
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#4 Post by David Jones »

The old Spa circuit is easier get on than the "Ring" but that is because the Spa circuit was always public roads that were closed down for the race weekend. When I was stationed in Germany with the RAF in the 60's it was easy to drive to Spa, Zandvoort and the "Ring" to watch the F1 races. I drove around Spa in 66 within minutes after the race and Jackie Stewarts car was still sitting where it had crashed into a farmhouse. I never drove the Sudschleife as it was closed off already back then and. I just assumed it was a closed part of the track though I guess if I had explored just a little I would have been able to drive it. Easy to visit both as it is less than 2 hours from Spa to the "Ring".
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715