Reutter Certificate of Production Problem

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Brian James
356 Fan

Reutter Certificate of Production Problem

#1 Post by Brian James »

At the Lit./Swap meet back in March I paid Erlkonig Classic for a Certificate of Production. My credit card was charged at that time. I read on here that it took a while so I didn't try contacting them about it for a couple of months. I never received the Certificate of Production. I have sent many emails with no reply. More recently I have tried the telephone during business hours in Germany. There is no message or answering machine and no answer. I also tried after business hours thinking its a side business as no hours are listed. No luck. No answer at the cell/mobile number listed either.

The web site is still up.

Did anyone buy a certificate at the lit. meet or since then and receive it? Does anyone have any other information about the status of this company?

Ken Tuvman
356 Fan

Re: Reutter Certificate of Production Problem

#2 Post by Ken Tuvman »

Sorry to hear this! I stopped at his booth & still have his brochure which looks very professional- hope you get this resolved.
Author / Photojournalist

Brian James
356 Fan

UPDATE: Reutter Certificate of Production Problem

#3 Post by Brian James »

I was contacted by Erlkoenig Classic after posting this message. They sent the Certificate of Production back in April using the German and US govt. post offices. I never received it. They are going to duplicate it and send it again. Tracking will be added this time so we can follow its progress. I will post a happy message when I receive it!

George Hussey
356 Fan

#4 Post by George Hussey »

they certainly should have provided a tracking number when they sent it! Especially for something that expensive
George Hussey

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#5 Post by Wes Bender »

Sometimes just tracking doesn't help. I returned some door seals to Stoddard via the USPS system and asked for tracking. USPS verified that they delivered the package to Stoddard on a Saturday, but Stoddard says they don't work on Saturdays and that they never got it. Who do you believe? If I ever send anything back to a vendor again, I'm also requesting a signature on delivery.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Nick Daffern
356 Fan

#6 Post by Nick Daffern »

I got a Reutter Certificate from him several years ago. It took 2 or 3 months after I ordered it to arrive. The documentation was beautiful but I wondered about how accurate it was. They said my carpet was supposed to be Oatmeal but when we did the restoration on the car the carpet was Gray/Black - and it was obviously the original carpet installed at the factory. Just another one of those inexplicable 356 mysteries I guess.

Brian James
356 Fan

#7 Post by Brian James »

The duplicate Certificate of Production sent out by Erlkoenig Classic was picked up at the post office in California by my wife today. I'm in New Mexico so I haven't seen it yet. Will be back out there in a couple of weeks to take a look.

Al Zim
356 Fan

#8 Post by Al Zim »

There is not mystery about your cars. Every Porsche was delivered to Porsche and recorded in their Reutter books. Every key lock code, ever color, and the upholstery material was recorded. It was also recorded the day the car arrived at the factory and when Porsche paid for the car. I have seen these books in the factory archives. It would not be an impossible task to have this information available BUT it would not be financially viable. I was fortunate to have information on my cars and the 1959 speedsters. since they were always of interest to me. I believe that the only reason Porsche puts up with old cars is to sell new vehicles (please note I did not use the word cars here.) al zim
Last edited by Al Zim on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#9 Post by Martin Benade »

Aren’t they cars too? Mine is.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Bill Sargent
356 Fan
Tag: Faux-Cam

#10 Post by Bill Sargent »

While at the LA Lit meet I met the person helping Guido at Reutter sell the Reutter Certificates. Having heard the issues about lengthy delivery and poor communication I was skeptical and (nicely) explained to the person why. He explained that I could order the certificate and pay only when contacted that it was ready. So I decided to give it a try. In late March I received an email from Guido Saying the certificate was ready to be shipped and that I could pay with PayPal. The certificate was shipped on April 7th and took a month to arrive, I assume due to virus delays.

As others have stated it is very nicely done and, on my car which is a 59 A cab, contained information that was not on the Kardex or COA. Kardex was blank other than motor number, trans number, body color and ignition key number. COA was the same. The Reutter Certificate confirmed that the car was a hardtop only delivery, gave the hard top number/color, the interior materials/colors and all three key numbers (ignition, glove box and hood lock).

Communication throughout was good. In late April I sent Guido an email asking about delivery and he responded the next day.
Regards,

Bill Sargent
#151489 59A Cab - Faux Cam
#159176 64C Cab
#460603 67 912
904 clone in the works

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#11 Post by Adam Wright »

Too bad we can't do this with Drauz.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Darryl Deppe
356 Fan

#12 Post by Darryl Deppe »

Is anybody else having a problem with getting their Reutter Certificate of Production from Guido during the COVID-19 pandemic?

I ordered one for my December 1963 built 356C in early March and after a 4 month wait, e-mailed Guido who replied saying that he was having problems with several of them getting lost and promised a copy with a tracking number would be sent. Now it's been almost another 2 months and still nothing, including replies to my e-mails. I've been trying to be really patient with international orders during the pandemic but this is starting to feel like I've been ripped-off.

Dan Seelig
356 Fan

#13 Post by Dan Seelig »

I ordered mine for thru the Porsche classic center here in Holland in June and had in in a few weeks. Maybe overseas mailing is a problem

Graeme Langford
356 Fan

#14 Post by Graeme Langford »

I placed the order for mine on the 3rd August 2020 and I ordered a bunch of other stuff from them at the same time. That evening I emailed Guido pictures of my 356A along with a copy of proof of ownership. On the 4th August I had an email from Guido asking if I wanted to wait until they had all of the stuff together before sending it. I said. No problem I can wait. My entire order arrived with me on the 10th August shipped via UPS. Incredibly pleased with the service. I think the main issue is the courier service screwing up with all this Covid stuff going on. A very good friend was waiting on all the history and documentation to arrive from Germany for his newly acquired 993GT2. It apparently got to Heathrow airport and was then subsequently lost. Hopefully at some point they will find it and deliver it to him. In the mean time he is having a real ballache getting the car UK registered.
1958 356A
1967 911S

Robert Bates
356 Fan

#15 Post by Robert Bates »

In my last experience with Guido, about a month ago, he highly recommended UPS instead of mail post. Worked great, got the certificate quickly.
Bob Bates
1962 356B Notchback
73 911S Targa
2003 996 Turbo