Best source for proper sigla windshields?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Richard Emerson
356 Fan

Best source for proper sigla windshields?

#1 Post by Richard Emerson »

I want an accurate t2 speedster windshield.

Is there a source with the proper markings? Or a per sF on or way to create one?

Also any informative threads on the different historical markings for the different body styles and dates?

Steve Raucher
356 Fan

Re: Best source for proper sigla windshields?

#2 Post by Steve Raucher »

Hi Richard,
I bought mine from Stoddard maybe 3 years ago? I got lucky it was only off a bit at top but it took three pros to install it the first time in my T2 Speedster. Has the Sigla writing on it. First time I latched the top, or took out car for spirited drive I cringed thinking a crack would appear but it did not.
A friend of mine with another T2 also bought his from Stoddard but it's shape was way off and it cracked on drivers corner after install and Stoddard gave him the run around regarding credit for shield etc.
Check your measurements with vendor you buy from and have only the best do the install and good luck.
Steve

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: Best source for proper sigla windshields?

#3 Post by Martin Benade »

I assume you both know that installing a speedster windshield frequently requires grinding the glass to fit. This does not mix well with a guarantee on the part. And generally the installer will not make any promises.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna