Upcoming classifieds rules change

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Curt Dansby
356 Fan

Upcoming classifieds rules change

#1 Post by Curt Dansby »

There is always a issue with trying to balance the desires of the few as opposed to the wishes of the many, and this is one of those situations. For many years there have been some specific complaints regarding the classifieds(among various others) that tie into this change. People are not happy with the numerous and repetitive ads that have been running (in some cases for years). I would suggest to those of you that have been running their ads for long periods of time that either there is no interest, or your price is too high. To the end of addressing a couple of grievances of the majority with one change, effective Nov 16 the total number of ads that will be allowed at any given time will be 25. This is not something to be moderated, is it written into the code on the site. For those handful of you with over 25 ads you have the next couple of weeks to cull the ones you do not want or the program will do it for you(oldest deleted first). This simple change will address several of the major gripes I have seen over the years. As with any change to the site there will be some who are not happy. I will tell you that this change was passed by the entire board and is not something that I freelanced. However if you want to blame me, have at it. Happy or not with this development it is water under the bridge at this point and I do not intend to enter into debate on the subject as it is already in effect.

KTF
Curt