Survey

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Greg Haskin
356 Fan
Tag: gh356

Survey

#1 Post by Greg Haskin »

Just took the survey. Appreciate the Registry leaderships interest in understanding what the membership is looking for. Couple of comments: the questions ask for a ranking of importance for 6 or 7 different items. In many cases, I would put a 1 next to every item. Especially the magazine. All aspects are important to me. The other comment is regarding participation in Holidays. There was no “its always booked up too darned early” option. Looking forward to seeing the survey results.

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

Re: Survey

#2 Post by Norm Miller »

One of the requirements for earning the Holiday bid should be adequate space and accommodations for a reasonable number of attendees.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#3 Post by Wes Bender »

... if you can adequately predict that. That isn't always possible. The Outlaws had no possible way of knowing how many people would sign up. Going on previous experience, the Little America hotel would have been adequate. Then came the flood of registrations. It's a noble thing you are suggesting, Norm, but may not be possible.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

C J Murray
356 Fan

#4 Post by C J Murray »

Norm Miller wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm One of the requirements for earning the Holiday bid should be adequate space and accommodations for a reasonable number of attendees.
Good idea. Then we could accommodate more Toyota rental cars. I know, bad attitude. I don't care. They didn't ask the right questions and they didn't allow for comments. There was a comment box for something unrelated to Trustees where I suggested term limits.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#5 Post by Steve Proctor »

Norm Miller, the terms "reasonable" and "adequate" are meaningless unless you put actual numbers to those terms. What are they?
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#6 Post by Ron LaDow »

Whichever survey software the club selected, at least they allowed for not answering questions where I had no real choice. Can't tell you the number I've blown off after the 'error' notice says you must chose the date when you stopped beating your wife.
Depending on who interprets the data, it should be worth something, but the selection of the questions presumes a certain bias in interpretation. All 'surveys' do, AFAIK; not sure a truly 'neutral' survey is possible,
Cliff's got a point; it would have been better with the opportunity to make a general comment.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz