Stephen Demosthenes ROUTE 30

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
ThibautBoey
356 Fan
Tag: Thibaut

Stephen Demosthenes ROUTE 30

#1 Post by ThibautBoey »

Dear all,
maybe there is someone who can help me?
I am located in Belgium and In January bought a 1955 coupe with a 1959 engine. A previous owner sold the matching motor # 35176 to Stephen Demosthenes in the 90s, but unfortunately the man died last year and I can't ask him anymore. Is there anyone who knows what happened to his garage store? Did he have a partner or colleague i can contact? Was his shop taken over? According to another source, he kept detailed records and maybe it says where the engine is going.
Hoping to Reuning the engine with the car.

Many thanks!
Attachments
IMG_2670.JPG
IMG_2670.JPG (61.84 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Thibaut,

Looking for engine #35176

Eric Linden
356 Fan

Re: Stephen Demosthenes ROUTE 30

#2 Post by Eric Linden »

Hello Thibaut! Hope you are doing well.
Sadly I found out too late about Stephens passing to get to the service, he was a friend and he and I emailed back and forth during his last months.

I stopped by the shop not too long ago, and the store was sold to a T-shirt company. They have left the appearance as it was when Stephen owned it. I wasn't able to contact anyone who new anything about him, his former business, or even where he his final resting place was. Kind of sad. He didn't have a business partner, and I don't think he was still married.
356 Registry member since 1985
SOTERIK on Early S Registry
www.autoforeignservices.com
57 Speedster
59 A cab project, rudge wheels, bench seat
1968 911L factory rally car ordered new by my father
bunch of 911S's and 912's...

ThibautBoey
356 Fan

#3 Post by ThibautBoey »

Eric Linden wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:28 pm Hello Thibaut! Hope you are doing well.
Sadly I found out too late about Stephens passing to get to the service, he was a friend and he and I emailed back and forth during his last months.

I stopped by the shop not too long ago, and the store was sold to a T-shirt company. They have left the appearance as it was when Stephen owned it. I wasn't able to contact anyone who new anything about him, his former business, or even where he his final resting place was. Kind of sad. He didn't have a business partner, and I don't think he was still married.
Hi Eric,
everything ok and the pickelforks are still mounted and happy with it. Good quality, by the way.
I suppose someone took over the porsche parts from him with all the information he kept.
thanks for your info!
Thibaut,

Bob Watts
356 Fan

#4 Post by Bob Watts »

Maybe Gary Emory knows something. He is reasonably close by.
Bob Watts

C J Murray
356 Fan

#5 Post by C J Murray »

He had owned my 55 Cab race car long before me and went way out of his way to be helpful, He was very enthusiastic about the rebuild I did to it and sent me old pictures from his ownership. He was a great Porsche friend that I will always remember fondly.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

ThibautBoey
356 Fan

#6 Post by ThibautBoey »

Bob Watts wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:46 pm Maybe Gary Emory knows something. He is reasonably close by.
Thank you Bob!
i just sent him an email. Who knows...

Thibaut
Thibaut,

ThibautBoey
356 Fan

#7 Post by ThibautBoey »

C J Murray wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:53 pm He had owned my 55 Cab race car long before me and went way out of his way to be helpful, He was very enthusiastic about the rebuild I did to it and sent me old pictures from his ownership. He was a great Porsche friend that I will always remember fondly.

thanks for your response. It is never pleasant to lose someone and especially people with the heart at the right place.
Thibaut
Thibaut,