PPI in Vermont

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

Re: PPI in Vermont

#16 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Harlan Halsey wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 amBut this string was started by a Californian new to 356s looking for a cheaper car. Buying such a car from the East partly because it is cheaper than the local cars is risky, in my opinion. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
So you have spoken to him directly and know for a fact that he is looking for a cheaper car or is that another assumption on your part? All he said was "I am looking at purchasing a 1961 356 from a gentleman in Vermont and need a recommendation to someone who can complete a PPI for me. I'll be buying the car sight unseen as I am in California and can't fly out to Vermont in the near future. This will be my first 356. Would really like to get a set of eyes on it as the car seems to be in good condition and set up ideally for my intended use as a driver. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance."

If you have spoken to him and know for a fact that he is looking for a cheaper car then I apologize, If not then it is just more nonsense and guessing on your part. Perhaps he really wants a Karmann Hardtop and this one happens to intrigue him.

The good news is that you are nowhere near recognized as an authority within this community on the condition of 356's unless that has somehow escaped me the last 30 years as a Registry member.

Bhagdeep, if you are still reading this thread gone-sideways because of a troll, just stick with the plan and have the recommended shop actually inspect the car and base your decision off of that, not from someone's overly biased opinion that has never even seen the car in question.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe