Fuel Lines

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Allen Henderson
356 Fan

Fuel Lines

#1 Post by Allen Henderson »

Fulies :)

Is this a factory fuel line? If so how does the "nut" work? And, what year(s) is ti for. Maybe a S90..not at all sure...Thanks.

-Allen-
DSC03004.JPG
DSC03004.JPG (321.15 KiB) Viewed 773 times
Allen

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Fuel Lines

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

I haven't seen this before on a 356. The nut would be too far away from the fuel pump.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Allen Henderson
356 Fan

#3 Post by Allen Henderson »

Thanks Mike, Yes, there is more length needed to the fuel pump. I just looked more carefully at the nut. The "nut" is part of a compression fitting but/and the ferrule fits perfectly..like "factory" Is this a home mod to, say, add a fuel filter? Any more input? Thanks.
DSC03008.JPG
DSC03008.JPG (269.79 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Allen

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#4 Post by Mike Wilson »

It would have to be a filter with a male connection on the outlet side. Maybe a filter as used on older U.S. cars or Pre-A's but the Pre-A filter was located before the pump.

Another possibility, maybe the manual fuel pump was blocked off and an electric fuel pump installed there? Yet another possibility: someone just installed the nut and collar on the fuel line for safe keeping. The nut and collar would be used on the inlet side of an A/B pump.

It looks like a good fuel line (check the inside of it for rust/debris). You could always remove the compression fitting and insert a fuel filter after the pump.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#5 Post by Jim Liberty »

This is a new one on me. The filter application is usually done with rubber fuel line. ……….Jim.
Jim Liberty