Aftermarket Regulator Issue

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Geoff Fleming
356 Fan

Re: Aftermarket Regulator Issue

#16 Post by Geoff Fleming »

You still haven't answered why a 12v solenoid, being operated on 12v would cause a problem. I do understand you are in the business of selling 356 items, including 12v starter units, which is fine but you do tend to disparage anyone from innovating solutions helpful to the 356 community at large. You have also stated in past posts that engines can't be successfully re-built , Porsches can't be aligned properly, etc., unless sent to Zim's, so there is a bit of a bias in your thinking.
I have learned from real-world experience and also have had advice from people such as the late, great Gerry McCarthy, ( Carrera School graduate and world famous Carrera/ 356 expert.), who would have been the first to let me know if I was doing something harmful to the cars.
My final words on the subject.

Jeffrey Leeds
356 Fan

Re: Aftermarket Regulator Issue

#17 Post by Jeffrey Leeds »

Regarding the topic Aftermarket Regulator Issue I swapped out my mechanical 12V regulator for an electronic one a year ago and it has been working great since the swap. It was less than $40 as I recall. Not concours, but then neither is the owner.

Jeff
< Jeff >

Registry Member Since 1978
1963 356B T-6 Super 90 Coupe
2009 997.2 Carrera S
2015 958 Cayenne diesel-1 & 2015 958 Cayenne diesel-2