To tint or not to tint

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Mark Hoffmann
356 Fan

To tint or not to tint

#1 Post by Mark Hoffmann »

I have a 1964C coupe that was delivered with a tinted windshield according to it’s certificate. It now has a clear windshield with several large stone chips so I am looking to replace. I don’t know that I have ever seen a tinted windshield on the car, or at least not that I noticed. I would love to find somebody that lives in the bay area that would be willing to let me look at their tinted windshield before I make this decision. Thank you for any help, Mark @ 510-755-5842

Mark Hoffmann
356 Fan

Re: To tint or not to tint

#2 Post by Mark Hoffmann »

I should say a little I meant the San Francisco bay area. Sorry for being provincial

Geoff Fleming
356 Fan

#3 Post by Geoff Fleming »

My '64 has it's original tinted windshield. It is a very light tint, really only noticeable when you put a white paper card in front while viewing through. Unfortunately, I live in the New York bay area, ( actually New Jersey), so it might make in person viewing a tad difficult.

Mark Hoffmann
356 Fan

#4 Post by Mark Hoffmann »

I really appreciate your response. Something like timt is so subjective but I’m hoping to see it in person. However, if I can’t find someone local yours is exactly the type of analysis that will help me make my decision. Thank you again

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Mike Wilson »

I wonder if whatever vendor you are thinking about purchasing a tinted windshield from has a sample piece they could send you.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

#6 Post by Thomas Sottile »

I prefer the tinted glass, but it is a very light tint.