Repair shop

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Arnie Fried
356 Fan

Repair shop

#1 Post by Arnie Fried »

Too all Members, I want to use a repair shop in the West Palm beach area. I cannot find anyone locally that has used this shop. I do not want to give his name now unless this is legal to ask for Information on anyone whom has used this shop previous. I need some H/D work done with oil leaks & trans leaks & would like to use this fellow if I can get any info on his work quality & pricing.
Please reply if I can mention his co., name to get the answers I need?
Thanks, Arnie

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: Repair shop

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

It should be fine to ask about a shop by name. If anybody has bad words about him and they are polite, they will PM you.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#3 Post by Ron LaDow »

I know the Registry is more sensitive to negative comments than in the past, even trying to avoid comments about W.K. for pete's sake, but as Martin mentions, most folks here are cautious regarding a bad-mouth, and will keep it private in most cases.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Arnie Fried
356 Fan

#4 Post by Arnie Fried »

Thank you for the updates

Arnie

Arnie Fried
356 Fan

#5 Post by Arnie Fried »

To all,
Can one give me any testimonials regarding a repair shop in the West Palm Beach,Fl. area? the name of the Shop is ARTCAR,INc, owner Paul. website is RestorePorsche.com. Has anyone have knowledge of their reputation or has any one used them in the last 1-3 years. Any comments are appreciated. Please reply to neetfried@gmail.com

Thanks, Arnie

George Hussey
356 Fan

#6 Post by George Hussey »

these days it is so hard to find a good shop to work on these old cars, too hard to find mechanics! The worst is to find some new guy opening a shop (Mechanics all want their own shop!!) and hungry for business takes on an old car that is way over his head and proceeds to butcher it. The other kind of shop thinks that they are the best and can do no wrong so overcharge and will not admit if they make a mistake. Then finally there are the shops that really care about the cars and strive to do the best they can, and admit if they do not know how to do something. That is the one you want. Hence it is not the price, it is not the eagerness to repair the car, but rather the passion and competence.
George Hussey

Spencer Harris
356 Fan

#7 Post by Spencer Harris »

Arnie Fried wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:04 am To all,
Can one give me any testimonials regarding a repair shop in the West Palm Beach,Fl. area? the name of the Shop is ARTCAR,INc, owner Paul. website is RestorePorsche.com. Has anyone have knowledge of their reputation or has any one used them in the last 1-3 years. Any comments are appreciated. Please reply to neetfried@gmail.com

Thanks, Arnie
Arnie, you might check with the local Better Business Bureau. They may be able to give you names of folks who have used Artcar's services.
Spencer Harris
San Joaquin Valley, CA.

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#8 Post by Edwin Ek »

Luck you, Gunnar Racing is in West Palm Beach. It is one of the premier Porsche shops in the world. I have no affiliation or experience; I only know their reputation.

www.gunnarracing.com

Tim Berardelli
356 Fan

#9 Post by Tim Berardelli »

Arnie,

Contact the Gold Coast Region of PCA-there will be some "old Fart" who can steer you in the right direction about local shops-I provide that service for PCA Potomac.

Arnie Fried
356 Fan

#10 Post by Arnie Fried »

Can someone point me in the right direction to obtain KARDEX for my 62, 356B, T-6

Max Handley
356 Fan

#11 Post by Max Handley »

Also try KLUB SPORT RACING INC CONTACT IN WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA UNITED STATES
Phil Bagley
 Contact email Spyderwerks@comcast.net

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#12 Post by David Jones »

Arnie, you may get a better response to a question if you start with a different title to the one you posted 13 years ago. Lucky for you I read all the answers to your original post. Anyway in answer to your latest question you may want to contact David Pateman in Canada who can procure a Kardex for you. His Email address is, david_j.pateman@sympatico.ca
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715