Orange 1964 356C Coupe Project on BaT

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Brett Berry
356 Fan

Orange 1964 356C Coupe Project on BaT

#1 Post by Brett Berry »

This one will be an interesting comparison to the T6 Cab project that just sold for $65k.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-porsche-356c-17/
Woodside, CA
1964 356C Coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Orange 1964 356C Coupe Project on BaT

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

And all this time I thought I had the only orange peel coupe on the planet, apparently there are two...
Attachments
orangeB.jpg
orangeB.jpg (674.66 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Brett Berry
356 Fan

#3 Post by Brett Berry »

That is gorgeous! Color really works well on the car.
Woodside, CA
1964 356C Coupe

ray nelson
356 Fan

#4 Post by ray nelson »

Uh, Adam
Does Bahama Yellow count? I painted my "62 S90 that color in 1967 (it was the thing to do back then) it will go back to original Silver though.

Ray

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#5 Post by Ron LaDow »

BTW, unless someone went to the effort to replace the discs with drums, that's a T6B, not a C.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Al Cole
356 Fan

#6 Post by Al Cole »

Ron,

You're looking at the picture of Adam's car. The one on BAT has discs.
AL Cole
'62 S-90 Cabrio.
'64 C Coupe
Paris Mtn., S.C.

Bruce Smith
356 Fan

#7 Post by Bruce Smith »

A shame that it sat outside for so long. But this looks like a reasonable project for someone. It will be interesting to know what sort of buyer it will be.
Bruce Smith

George Hussey
356 Fan

#8 Post by George Hussey »

$20,000 would make it a good beater!
George Hussey

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#9 Post by Doug McDonnell »

True George but already bid to 25K with 5 days to go. Some 356s go for realistic prices on BAT-others don't IMHO Now if this was an orange C from the factory? But it is not.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Steven Murray
356 Fan

#10 Post by Steven Murray »

How much cheaper does a car being sold with "bill of sale only' and a forged one at that (because the true owner is dead and not able to make up a bill of sale), sell for? Sure the seller said he checked with GA DMV and they said 'no problem' but NY DMV clerks have a great belly laugh when folks show up with just a Bill of Sale. The seller explains there is a registration pictured or somewhere but I don't see it. If seller's name is not the same as dad's they have an extra hard belly laugh at NYS DMV when the bill of sale name does not match the 10 year old registration. Seller should have at least gone through having the owner's estate get the paperwork to say that son can legally sell the car. Anybody named as getting a chunk of the estate could find out 3 years down the road that the DAD's porsche was sold improperly - and then what? So I suspect there are folks that just won't bid on the car and it might go for less. One never knows. In NY you might not even know you have a problem as they'll let you pay sales tax and register the car but i suspect they do some kind of search and if the registration you supplied with the BOS is not the LATEST or a later one exist they'll tell you you have a NONTRANSFERABLE registration and you can't sell the car. It's all nasty. States that don't issue titles don't seem to be doing their citizens a favor. NY does that with older car but they have TRANSFERABLE registrations which are used for sales but I hear rumors that although that is legit even some Foreign countries won't like that document so buyers pain can exist. Minimum - if selling DAD's 356 get something from the probate court that says you are blessed to sell this 356. Nobody pays extra to get a car with BOS only.

Al Cole
356 Fan

#11 Post by Al Cole »

$41K
AL Cole
'62 S-90 Cabrio.
'64 C Coupe
Paris Mtn., S.C.

Bruce Smith
356 Fan

#12 Post by Bruce Smith »

Bruce Smith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:43 am It will be interesting to know what sort of buyer it will be.
So this one goes off to Bulgaria for restoration, www.classiccars.bg .
Bruce Smith

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#13 Post by Adam Wright »

Steven Murray wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31 pm How much cheaper does a car being sold with "bill of sale only' and a forged one at that (because the true owner is dead and not able to make up a bill of sale), sell for? Sure the seller said he checked with GA DMV and they said 'no problem' but NY DMV clerks have a great belly laugh when folks show up with just a Bill of Sale. The seller explains there is a registration pictured or somewhere but I don't see it. If seller's name is not the same as dad's they have an extra hard belly laugh at NYS DMV when the bill of sale name does not match the 10 year old registration. Seller should have at least gone through having the owner's estate get the paperwork to say that son can legally sell the car. Anybody named as getting a chunk of the estate could find out 3 years down the road that the DAD's porsche was sold improperly - and then what? So I suspect there are folks that just won't bid on the car and it might go for less. One never knows. In NY you might not even know you have a problem as they'll let you pay sales tax and register the car but i suspect they do some kind of search and if the registration you supplied with the BOS is not the LATEST or a later one exist they'll tell you you have a NONTRANSFERABLE registration and you can't sell the car. It's all nasty. States that don't issue titles don't seem to be doing their citizens a favor. NY does that with older car but they have TRANSFERABLE registrations which are used for sales but I hear rumors that although that is legit even some Foreign countries won't like that document so buyers pain can exist. Minimum - if selling DAD's 356 get something from the probate court that says you are blessed to sell this 356. Nobody pays extra to get a car with BOS only.
It's actually fully acceptable to sell a classic car in NY on a Bill of Sale. As long as another state is also a no title state it's legal, in this case GA is a no title state for old cars just like NY, so you should be able to register it and in 6-8 weeks get a transferable registration.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#14 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Winning bidder is a prolific buyer on BAT. 4th or 5th 356 he has bought and 20 cars total. Good metalworking and mechanical work is cheap in Bulgaria I guess.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Steven Murray
356 Fan

#15 Post by Steven Murray »

Adam wrote : It's actually fully acceptable to sell a classic car in NY on a Bill of Sale. As long as another state is also a no title state it's legal, in this case GA is a no title state for old cars just like NY, so you should be able to register it and in 6-8 weeks get a transferable registration.

Well how does NYSDMV know the car is from Georgia? It could be a car from NJ which a guy 'found' , there is a NJ title somewhere but the seller says 'GA car'.

That's why my understanding till now is 'no title' on that car is fine if you at least show up with a GA registration in the seller's name with that VIN.

Can one always get past NYSDMV just by saing - this car is from GA?