The Gravel Man Cometh!

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

The Gravel Man Cometh!

#1 Post by Adam Wright »

Now that the snow is melting the yard is turning to mud, so we called the gravel man for a top off. But that means moving lots of cars that haven't moved all winter. Fun day!

Imagevia Imgflip GIF Maker
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

Re: The Gravel Man Cometh!

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

He came, he saw, he graveled...
Attachments
IMG_4409.jpg
IMG_4409.jpg (138.5 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
IMG_4408.jpg
IMG_4408.jpg (110.21 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Erik Thomas
356 Fan

#3 Post by Erik Thomas »

Around the fancy summer houses on the water, you can always tell when a family is having hard financial times, by the thin gravel and puddles. The annual renewal of the pea stone driveway is a New England tradition. Families have their colour, some prefer gray, some like warmer rusty stone. These colours are never mixed, and are often handed down for generations. Sensible men have been known to go off violently when people skid, dig or otherwise mess up the pea stone. Sometimes on a Saturday morning, the man of the house can be seen quietly and contentedly raking the areas near the entries or by the garage. Men are often judged not by the immaculate, weed free bluegrass lawn, but by the perfect edges along a fine gravel driveway. A 356 looks almost sublime on a fine pea stone driveway. If you have a silver Porsche, perhaps a reddish shade of stone would offset the paintwork just a bit more than other hues.

Bruce Smith
356 Fan

#4 Post by Bruce Smith »

Very interesting, Erik. I have admired the pea stone walks and driveways of the homes near the New England coast. But didn't know it was such an obsession.
Bruce Smith

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

#5 Post by Norm Miller »

The same goes for me in Colorado, scraping and raking after snow plow damage.
Nuts!

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#6 Post by Adam Wright »

Erik Thomas wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:28 am Around the fancy summer houses on the water, you can always tell when a family is having hard financial times, by the thin gravel and puddles. The annual renewal of the pea stone driveway is a New England tradition. Families have their colour, some prefer gray, some like warmer rusty stone. These colours are never mixed, and are often handed down for generations. Sensible men have been known to go off violently when people skid, dig or otherwise mess up the pea stone. Sometimes on a Saturday morning, the man of the house can be seen quietly and contentedly raking the areas near the entries or by the garage. Men are often judged not by the immaculate, weed free bluegrass lawn, but by the perfect edges along a fine gravel driveway. A 356 looks almost sublime on a fine pea stone driveway. If you have a silver Porsche, perhaps a reddish shade of stone would offset the paintwork just a bit more than other hues.
I will have a new appreciation of cars on gravel when the parking lot fills back up, thank you Erik!
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

#7 Post by Norm Miller »

Winter pea stone.Image
65 GT 005.jpg
65 GT 005.jpg (2.16 MiB) Viewed 1676 times