looking for locksmith

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Ernest Braun
356 Fan

looking for locksmith

#1 Post by Ernest Braun »

I'm looking to have a key made for a glovebox and gearshift lock. I used a locksmith in Connecticut several years ago that did a great job, I don't remember who or if he is still in business. Does anyone have any suggestions for a locksmith.

Thanks, Ernie

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: looking for locksmith

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

You may be teferring to Tony Euganeo who is in Pennsylvania but he has been off the radar screen for some time now. I'd suggest Dan Roman in Florida (Tweet's), Vic Skirmants or Tom Drummond (Wholesale California) who also have locksmith services.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#3 Post by Wes Bender »

That was probably Ryan Hernandez, 15 Gottier Dr. in Vernon, CT.

Did excellent work on my glove box and trans locks and keys.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Ernest Braun
356 Fan

#4 Post by Ernest Braun »

I think Ryan Hernandez is the locksmith I used, however I just did a search and is no longer listed.
Anyone know where Dan Roman is located in Florida, I'm heading to my Florida house next weekend.

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jules Dielen »

Last I heard from Dan Roman is that they were dealing with some family issues.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

#6 Post by Dave Wildrick »

I would stay away from Ryan Hernandez. Personal problems appear to have knocked him out of the business.
Ryan received the original ignition switch from my 64 C coupe as of July 13, 2017, along with a $100 check, which was his quote for the work. He said it would be done in about 1 week.
In mid-August 2017, I had not received it and I contacted him again. He said I should receive it in about a week. On August 27, I was flooded out of my house in Houston by Hurricane Harvey, so I was not surprised when it didn’t show up. On September 20, 2017, I again tried to contact Ryan but could not reach him by phone (several voicemails) or email.
At that point, I contacted Jim Liberty, who has had Ryan do a lot of lock work for him, and explained the situation. Jim said to give Ryan some more time, because his wife’s parents had recently been murdered during a home invasion, and he obviously was going through a rough time.
I was preoccupied with rebuilding my house (and not my cars), so I waited until March 13, 2018 and again contacted Jim Liberty, who intervened by emailing Hernandez. Ryan emailed us both that he had the switch and would return it to me ASAP.
Jim asked me to give Ryan a couple weeks. Well, one year later I am still out both the switch and $100.
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#7 Post by Mike Wilson »

Dan Roman is in Homestead, I believe.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#8 Post by Mike Wilson »

His website is Tweets Restorations.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#9 Post by Jim Liberty »

Guys, I am not sure about Ryan H. at this point. He is a good friend, and has had some serious personal tragedy. He was unable to do work for me six months or so ago. Bob Stevens is located at Tom Drummand's shop. He is exceptional with quality and schedule. Chrome if you need it too. He has done my last run of locks, and door handles. PERFECT !!! ……………………..Jim.
Jim Liberty

Roy Smalley
356 Fan

#10 Post by Roy Smalley »

Check with Al Zim.
 Roy Smalley
Texas

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#11 Post by Adam Wright »

Dan Roman is still around, he has been buying door handles and ignitions from me over the last few months.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Al Zim
356 Fan

#12 Post by Al Zim »

We have a locksmith service that has been taking care of us for 25 years. Transmission locks are difficult since there are not codes on the lick to cut the key. Each has to be done by hand fitting. Glove box locks fall into the same category but they are much easier to do. Porsche keys are available at extra cost. Normal turn around is less than a week except for the gear shift lock. We also offer a key tune up by cutting your key to code rather than duplicating it. During business hours there is always someone her to answer the phone, we can walk to the locksmith to check on the work and let you know how thing are progressing in a short period of time. Hood lock keys are usually a same day turnaround. Zim's Autotechnik 800.356.2964 1804 Reliance Parkway, Bedford Texas 76021
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/

Larry Brooks
356 Fan

#13 Post by Larry Brooks »

Mike Wilson wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:44 pm You may be teferring to Tony Euganeo who is in Pennsylvania but he has been off the radar screen for some time now. I'd suggest Dan Roman in Florida (Tweet's), Vic Skirmants or Tom Drummond (Wholesale California) who also have locksmith services.

Mike
I just had Tony Euganeo cut several keys for my 64 356C. He cut the ignition switch and the trans lock keys using the code from the Kardex and two glove box lock keys to match the lock. Got them back today.

The keys are the correct steel key blanks and they work perfectly. He also used the correct stamp to put the key codes on each one. One week turnaround time and fair price for the incredibly rare blanks.

I've used Tony for years but was a little concerned by some of the disparaging comments I've read on this site over the last couple years.

Same great service as always!

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#14 Post by Mike Wilson »

Very glad to hear Tony is back in business.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

#15 Post by Dan Macdonald »

How do I get in touch with Tony?
He did a bunch of great work for me in the past but I can't seem to reach him now.
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356