Looking for William R Patton original owner

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Chris Stavros
356 Fan

Looking for William R Patton original owner

#1 Post by Chris Stavros »

I hope its ok to post this on the forum. If not, please tell me and I'll remove it.

I have uncovered the original bill of sale for my '58 Speedster and the original owners name is W.R. Patton, of Menlo Park (I'm assuming William Robert Patton). I've tried several search engines but to no avail. The BOS is dated May 22, 1958 and I'm hoping perhaps he was a PCA member and/or subsequent Registry member at one time. Anyone know of this person? Does he have relatives in a Porsche club currently?

Any help would greatly be appreciated and successful leads rewarded with a nice bottle of wine :D

TIA,
Chris

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

Re: Looking for William R Patton original owner

#2 Post by Steve Douglas »

Hi Chris, Bill Patton has been a regular in the Bay Area PCA for a long time. He lived in Hayward up until recently and moved, I think Tracy CA. He is involved in the 968 group and has several, I'll have to look for his contact info. but not sure if I have it. He's been a Golden Gate Region member for the past 50+ years. Here's an article about the Art Porsche 968 . https://www.pca.org/panorama/edition/pa ... ember-2016

Chris Stavros
356 Fan

Re: Looking for William R Patton original owner

#3 Post by Chris Stavros »

Hi Steve,
Any help would greatly be appreciated. I'll keep looking as well, and if you do find something, please email me directly.

Thanks,
Chris
kecho356@sbcglobal.net