Broken Piston Bits in Sump

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Matthew Devereux
356 Fan

Re: Broken Piston Bits in Sump

#31 Post by Matthew Devereux »

A few years ago I sent a set of heads to Zims for a rebuild. One of them ended up being machined incorrectly. I lost a whole summer chasing the issue and then was made to wait 2 weeks while they fixed their error. There is a thread somewhere on this forum about it all. I guess having all of right tools isn't everything.
Matthew Devereux
'00 Boxster S
'58 356A coupe

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#32 Post by Ron LaDow »

Martin Benade wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 am[...]Another thing easy to obtain is the correct spelling of LaDow.
Al, without speculating regarding the cause of your misspelling my name after some 20 years dealing with you, let me offer you the spelling my Dad gave me:
Upper case "L", lower case "a", upper case "D", lower case "o" and "w".
That's LaDow.
I hope that clears things up.
And, as mentioned above, I'm quite sure there are accomplished hobbyist-wrenches who do as good a rebuild as your shop or any other can deliver.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Bill Lawless
356 Fan

#33 Post by Bill Lawless »

WOW... !!!!!

I doing my own complete rebuild, And Dan is sounds more qualified then I... Build away people!!!!
 Thanks,
Bill
65' 356 SC Cab Irish Green :D
82' SC Targa
81 VW Westfalia with 2015 Forester Engine
BMW 64'-R50/2, 75'-BMW R90/6, 74' BMW R90/6, Yamaha BW350

Al Zim
356 Fan

#34 Post by Al Zim »

Matthew: Although I do not have you work order in front of me to ascertain the extent of your situation, I feel assured that we corrected the deficiency and returned the head to you at no charge.
Ron: Spelling was never my strength, Now that I am a bit older my fingers do not always find the correct letters for the words that i desire to write. The spell check does not correct everything.
EMPLOYMENT: If you have someone who is able to assemble engines and do 356 work, I would like them to send me a resume. I will be glad to fly him and his significant other to Dallas/Ft. Worth he can look the shop over, Texas has no income tax, gasoline is half of what it cost in California, you can purchase a nice livable home for 300K, our shop is fully air conditioned, no snow and very little freezing weather this winter, numerous recreational and entertainment facilities are available al zim
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/