How to Make an Old Porsche Fly

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Paul Lima
356 Fan

How to Make an Old Porsche Fly

#1 Post by Paul Lima »

If you love working on these cars as much as driving them (as I do) then you'll love reading this book by Craig Richter (he's an active Registry member, too). I met Craig over the phone when I heard about his book in 1984 and was in the process of rebuilding my broken "C" motor. I read his autographed copy several times in the process and found it interesting, entertaining, and very helpful. I bought a digital copy last year (and a very nicely "cleaned up" copy today) to have on my computer. I've read it again twice recently as I'm in the process of building an 1883 cc engine for my Roadster. Look here: https://vintagetechinfo.com to buy a copy and enjoy a great book!

Wes Bender
356 Fan

Re: How to Make an Old Porsche Fly

#2 Post by Wes Bender »

If you don't have a copy of this book, you need to buy the PDF version of it. Use the link in Paul's post. Even if you don't use any of the technical tips and tricks, it's still an interesting read.

Cheers,
Wes
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Charles H Jacobus
356 Fan

#3 Post by Charles H Jacobus »

Read the updated version today and found it very comprehensive.

Chuck
Current:
2012 Silver 991
1995 Midnight blue 993
1965 Red 356C

Past:
Fond memories of 14 others (including a '63 Normal and a 61 S90) :)

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#4 Post by Jim Liberty »

++1, Craig is the best, and a hell of a nice guy. ……………...Jim.
Jim Liberty

Craig Richter
356 Fan

#5 Post by Craig Richter »

Thanks for all the kind words, but my good friend Peter Kroezen in the Nederlands is responsible for all these fantastic digital improvements. He made a kid's nearly forty-year-old scriblings seem somehow relevant today. Thanks Peter.

jule block
356 Fan

#6 Post by jule block »

I bought the pdf and it is well worth the read. Now the only thing better would be to have a hard copy.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#7 Post by Wes Bender »

With all the kudos you're seeing, the price is probably going up exponentially. I think there was a slightly damaged one on E-Bay a while back that went for something north of $100. A print copy might be nice to have, but the PDF version is certainly adequate.

Where were most of the print copies sold, Craig? We might have to start watching yard sales and garage sales......
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Peter Smit
356 Fan

Re: How to Make an Old Porsche Fly - free update

#8 Post by Peter Smit »

Yesterday we emailed everyone who has the first digital version of Craig's book with details how to get a free update to the latest version. A small percentage of those emails couldn't be delivered, perhaps because of changed email addresses or spam filters. If you are the owner of Craig's first digital version and haven't received an email yesterday for the update (and want one), please leave your email address at the Contact page before February 17 and we'll make sure you get your new personal copy.
Were are you engine #700267 ?

Charles H Jacobus
356 Fan

#9 Post by Charles H Jacobus »

Thanks for the integrity you guys have in offering a free update to the book! In these days of highly priced software updates and ridiculous prices for newly-FDA approved 50 year old drugs that worked for those 50 years but didn't have FDA approval, it is quite refreshing to see that integrity. Wouldn't you know that it was brought to you by members of this site.

Chuck
Current:
2012 Silver 991
1995 Midnight blue 993
1965 Red 356C

Past:
Fond memories of 14 others (including a '63 Normal and a 61 S90) :)