Kardex and Certificate of authenticity

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
DALE LUCAS
356 Fan

Kardex and Certificate of authenticity

#1 Post by DALE LUCAS »

All,
Is it possible to obtain a Kardex and a certificate of authenticity?
Also, the Certificate of Authenticity as published in volume 42-4, dated 11-12 / 2018, page 21 shows a much nicer certificate that seems to be very complete.
Is that style of certificate still available?
Thanks,
Dale Lucas
356A, Sunroof Coupe
Las Cruces, NM
da_lucas@yahoo.com
971-570-0679

Jeffrey Leeds
356 Fan

Re: Kardex and Certificate of authenticity

#2 Post by Jeffrey Leeds »

The answer is "yes" but there are two different sources. The COA is issued by Porsche Cars North America (PCNA in Atlanta) and has undergone several revisions over the years. You will get whatever PCNA deems to be the current one at the time you order. There is a charge for the COA; you will have to inquire for the current price when you order.
Keep in mind that the COA basically is derived from the Kardex, which is described as Porsche's (GR) warranty record.
< Jeff >

Registry Member Since 1978
1963 356B T-6 Super 90 Coupe
2009 997.2 Carrera S
2015 958 Cayenne diesel-1 & 2015 958 Cayenne diesel-2

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jules Dielen »

and then there is the Reutter certificate, that has many more details on fabrics, colors etc, but none of the technical information the Kardex or CoA offer.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

David Pateman
356 Fan

#4 Post by David Pateman »

The Reutter certificate Is rather expensive, but has very detailed info on the paint, upholstery and other details of the furnishings on the chassis as it was delivered to Porsche for final assembly. This data is generally complete.
The Kardex is a warranty record card that has simple info on the paint & interior, plus the engine & transmission #'s, dealer /distributor, options, and dates of invoice and warranty commencement. Also often has the first owners and some warranty work done. However, much of this info seems to be written in by the distributor and is only as complete and as accurate as the clerk decided. Very early cars had very little info, but by late 50's was was often nearly complete.
The COA is entirely based on the Kardex with certain details eliminated (dealer/distributor, ownership, key #'s, and warranty work). The translations are done by clerks not always familiar with the cars. But it is a fancy certificate.
For a 356 it is generally a good idea to get both the Reutter Cert and the Kardex to obtain the maximum information available. I can assist getting the Kardex.
Contact by email

Kelly Telfer
356 Fan

#5 Post by Kelly Telfer »

Hi David, I sent you an email requesting information on how to get a Kardex for my 1968 911. Thank you for any help you can provide.

David Pateman
356 Fan

#6 Post by David Pateman »

Kardex sent
Contact by email

Mike Grant
356 Fan

#7 Post by Mike Grant »

My 64 SC is a Reutter coupe. I have a COA and a copy of the Kardex, but I was not aware there was a Reutter Certificate. Does anyone know how to acquire the Reutter Certificate?

Thanks.

David Pateman
356 Fan

#8 Post by David Pateman »

Mike, start here; be careful that yours is within the range that can be obtained:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47596
Contact by email

James Watters
356 Fan

#9 Post by James Watters »

Dale, welcome to the Registry!
59A Coupe
64C Sunroof