Porsche 356 B/C T6 reproduction wheel- eh, maybe

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jeffrey Fellman
356 Fan

Porsche 356 B/C T6 reproduction wheel- eh, maybe

#1 Post by Jeffrey Fellman »

Nix with the off subject comments. Yes I am aware that a vendor has "made these" but they are very incorrect in many aspects. Many people have just assumed it was my product so the answer is NO!. However this has placed me in a quandry as I was in fact in the process of making just such a wheel and in fact have already made the armatures. Here is the great question, pull the plug or forge ahead? Mine will be CORRECT. the shape of the grip, the hub, armature the finish. The biggest problem for me with "the other guys" is that the hub is not correct, the armature is not correct and the material of the grip is VERY incorrect. American classic car wheels of the 50's and 60's were made of plastic and look like it. The other guy has made his wheel out of solid cast plastic, cheap to make but looks exactly like what it is very quickly. If any of you have had to restore an original wheel you know it is made of a cast powder and resin material and then painted with a high solids black paint. We will be making ours with the original finish which will be very durable and retain its gloss indefinitely. I am looking for feedback. Also we will be cheaper, we are looking at a $950 retail price for a dead correct B/C T6 wheel right down to the VDM stamp on the hub. How many would be takers out there? Jeffrey[ I prefer a PM. lets not start a debate, we have The Wall and Brexit for that!

Wes Bender
356 Fan

Re: Porsche 356 B/C T6 reproduction wheel- eh, maybe

#2 Post by Wes Bender »

(Edited to remove off subject comment.)
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....