Roll bar on kardex

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jason Buxbaum
356 Fan

Roll bar on kardex

#1 Post by Jason Buxbaum »

Im pursuing a 60 roadster and to surprise it has roll bar verfied by kardex. I cant find anything on how its installed welded or bolted. Anyone seen one before and advise on removal?

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Roll bar on kardex

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

I had a C one time that had the Factory roll bar. It had these stubs that came up from the floor, and went deep below. The roll bar was long gone. I think Kevin Jeanette has the car now.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#3 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Jason roll bar should be removable. If the car indeed still has the factory mounts it is a rare option. I wouldn't dream removing them. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=43653
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Jason Buxbaum
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jason Buxbaum »

The roll bar is in it now with the top up and secured- I had read it was only used with the top down, so a bit surprised to see it in there. I also don't see any way to adjust the height which is odd since I think SCCA mandated they be adjustable.

The rub for me is I want a back seat for my family, and this car doesn't have it, but when do you find factory black S90 roadsters? Not often....

GT Werks shows a roll bar carrrera coupe on their website with a read seat so there is hope
Attachments
19  int headliner.jpg
15b Rear Carpet.JPG

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#5 Post by Vic Skirmants »

SCCA NEVER mandated that rollbars be adjustable!

Don Ahearn
356 Fan

#6 Post by Don Ahearn »

That is not a factory roll bar in that Roadster. The rear legs are incorrect. Someone must have made it to fit on the original stubs.