Black Porsche Club Los Angeles

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Martin Bruechle
356 Fan

Black Porsche Club Los Angeles

#1 Post by Martin Bruechle »

Anyone know anything about it ? Previous owner of my 53 used to be in it.
I do realize that most members here would not qualify. Going to check out one of there meetings
up in South Central and email to see if there is any old time members might have any pics of my car.

Check it out;

http://www.blackporscheinc.com/HOME_.php

Black Porsche Inc. was founded by ten Black Porsche owners who, in September 1968, while attending the Monterey Jazz Festival in Monterey, Calif., decided to form a sports car club with the basic premise being only to own a Porsche and be of good character. Many hours of discussions and preparation were required before BPI was organized and incorporated. They contacted Porsche owners, shared their ideas with them and BPI gradually grew over the years. As BPI grew, we involved ourselves in social and humanitarian activities, and through these events, Black Porsche Inc. has become known throughout the community. We've received many letters and service awards for our outstanding service to the community. Most car dealers in California and throughout the United States have heard about Black Porsche Inc. Dr. Ferdinand Porsche, the designer of the Porsche automobile, met with members of BPI while visiting Germany and extended an invitation to us to visit the factory in Germany.

Annual activities include:
Hosting two dances per year. Weekend runs to Las Vegas Nevada, Palms Springs, and Monterey California. One day runs to Rosarito Beach Mexico, Willow Springs, San Diego, and Solvang California. Charity walks for U.N.C.F. and Prostate Cancer. Our Concours, Club picnic, Christmas party and our yearly Toy Drive.

Black Porsche Inc. (BPI) monthly meetings are held on the second Sunday of every month at 10:00 a.m. at the Chester Washington Golf Course Clubhouse, located at 120th & Western Avenue in Los Angeles California.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

Re: Black Porsche Club Los Angeles

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

I'm confused. Was this for owners of Black Porsche's? or African Americans who owned Porsche's?
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#3 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Mark Pribanic wrote:I'm confused. Was this for owners of Black Porsche's? or African Americans who owned Porsche's?
You're kidding, right?

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#4 Post by Mark Pribanic »

I just answered my own question once I went to your link.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#5 Post by Martin Benade »

Was the previous owner Mr Cosby?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Jim Alton
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jim Alton »

Hey, there are people who collect white Porsches: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMErTBsvTOw Why shouldn't there be clubs for people who own black Porsches?

I was wondering just like Mark.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

Jan Kolm
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jan Kolm »

A former (long-deceased) co-worker of mine lived in a condo complex in New Hampshire and frequently threw parties for his friends and neighbors. His neighbor across the hall actually belonged to this club in the 1970s, when he lived in the Los Angeles area and owned a 356. Glad to hear BPI is alive and well.
Jan Kolm
356 Registry #1066
1960 1600N Coupe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#8 Post by Mike Wilson »

It would be a nice gesture to invite them to Registry and other Porsche club events.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Dan Epperly
356 Fan

#9 Post by Dan Epperly »

Mike Wilson wrote:It would be a nice gesture to invite them to Registry and other Porsche club events.

Mike
Agreed. Instead of cracking wise.

Martin Bruechle
356 Fan

#10 Post by Martin Bruechle »

The guy that owned my car was Arnold Osborne. He lived in Palos Verdes.
When I picked up the car in the 90's he was not very healthy. He had gotten a kidney transplant
from his wife and had complications with it not working. He may have passed away.

I recall he had a flywheel laying there and I asked if he would throw it in. He laughed and said no way that
it was off a 4 cam motor. I remember it had grooves/splines where it bolted on the crank ?

Walter Paytons 1979 Porsche 930 Turbo, which has topped Mecum's Chicago sale on October 27 2018 after hammering for $324,500
with 9950 miles on the odometer.

https://www.autoclassics.com/posts/news ... 30-auction