Insurance claim labor rates on Porsche 356

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jay Thrower
356 Fan

Re: Insurance claim labor rates on Porsche 356

#46 Post by Jay Thrower »

JIm, Erie wasn't the cheapest. I checked both Haggerty and Grundy. All three were in the same bark park. I went with Erie mainly because they insure my home & business. If this isn't worked out, I will be switching everything.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#47 Post by Martin Benade »

Also usually the agent is not an expert, just a salesman. They wouldn't understand they different terms like stated value, agreed value, etc. (Neither would I) That is why I am happy to insure with a known classic insurer. They are dealing with exactly what they know about.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Roy Smalley
356 Fan

#48 Post by Roy Smalley »

Simply your car was damaged by another party; the at fault party. If the at fault payer (the insurer with which the at fault party has a contract to protect their interests) gives you a problem, go directly to your insurer (you have a contract (the policy) to protect your interests) and demand they repair the damage to your satisfaction. It doesn't matter what it costs; that is not your concern. You pay your insurer to protect you against loss, not to shop for the cheapest repair. Your insurer will subrogate with the at fault insurer for their cost in settling the claim.. Your policy/contract with the insurer will, almost without fail in every state, require that you are fully indemnified for all aspects of loss as defined in the policy. It is not a matter whether you insured with a classic insurer or a regular insurer since either has to honor their contract with and that is restore to preloss condition. But in my opinion you are better served if you go with a classic insurer.

Getting all whipped up about what shops charge in an insurance covered repair is a no win situation for a consumer. It will cost what it takes to indemnify you for your losses....direct causes and indirect causes....loss of use, rental car, loss of value due to the damage...... Always ask questions and document; be cordial but know your rights.......... don't depend solely upon the insurer to explain your rights. (PS collision labor generates the largest percentage of revenue)

When a loss is reported or comes to the attention of the insurer whether you are at fault or not, that will cause your premium to rise. Insurers have this down to a science, like everything else they do. The are very very good running their business model and it doesn't matter if you have been insured by them for 50 years without a prior.

Not an attorney, not giving advice.

Remember. When you are shopping for insurance, you are a prospect. When you purchase insurance, you are a client. When you have a loss, you are an expense.... ;)
 Roy Smalley
Texas

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#49 Post by Mike Wilson »

Well said, Roy.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe