Werks Reunion Amelia island

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Victor Ingram
356 Fan

Werks Reunion Amelia island

#1 Post by Victor Ingram »

Has anyone participated at the Werks Reunion?
If so what can you tell me about registration and the experience?
thanks

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

Re: Werks Reunion Amelia island

#2 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Hi Victor,

We went last year, driving our '84 Carrera Targa from here in Richmond to Florida. It was a pretty epic journey. We didn't show our car, but rather parked in the Corral with other Porsches, and stayed in a decent hotel on the beach but nothing too fancy (no Ritz Carlton for us, but it would seem a lot of action was down that way).

We did not attend the Amelia Island Concours. This past year there was some weather stuff that pushed the concours to Sunday, and that was the day we were departing. So we spent Friday at Werks and Saturday on our own exploring Fernandina Beach and had a very good time.

2018 had a focus on 356 Outlaws, so we HAD to go. Lots of incredible cars, from Emory's 356 C4S and Gmund SL to Runge to Dean Jeffries' Carrera and Fred Veitch's outlaw. That's just 356. Lots of really great Porsches in the show and the corral. Including a 356 Zagato.

Also, the food at Werks was kind of stellar. I had about the best brat I've ever eaten. Though I was admittedly quite hungry. :)

Registration was pretty straightforward once announced. You'll have to book your own lodging and such. I don't have experience in registering to show at Werks, so perhaps one of our other members can help there.

I'm not sure of what the featured model will be in 2019, but the event was definitely worth it IMO.

Hopefully this photo link will work: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cITbDvsfr3iAgJK92

Otherwise here's a few pics: