I have a handshake deal on a new to me 356

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Charles Robertson
356 Fan

I have a handshake deal on a new to me 356

#1 Post by Charles Robertson »

I’m pretty excited having travelled to the great white North to see a car that was going to become available.
I met Vic Skirmants and his lovely wife Barb. He gave me a quick education and showed me around his shop....pretty impressive! (and fantastic home made soup)

The car is Bali blue with a grey interior. 22k original documented miles and runs like a champ.
Vic went over the whole car with me, I think we spent a couple of hours looking at everything.

The interior is grey leatherette, it needs attention in 2 areas, no big deal. My question is since the car itself is so nice would you redo the interior in grey leather hides or redo in grey leatherette? My concern is that only one seat needs done and I’m not sure the color match would be spot on, I’m kinda anal that way.

My thought is to redo the seats, door cards and dash pad in grey leather.

PS. A shout out to Dave Jones for giving me the heads up.....cheers Dave!

Thanks
Chas
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in hand thoroughly worn out and screaming “HOLY ****" what a ride!”............Chas

John Clarke
356 Fan

Re: I have a handshake deal on a new to me 356

#2 Post by John Clarke »

Hi Chuck
How exciting to both meet Vic and Barbara and Find your 'new' 356. As you learnt, what Vic doesn't know about the 356! To be given a pre purchase comprehensive description of your car, and a guided tour of Mecca 356 and home made soup, well you lucky guy. It takes me back 20 years when I found our 'new 356' at Roger Brays, A 356 guru over here in the UK. Once again, a complete guided tour of the works and car.
Reference your interior / seats, we are choosing red leatherette seats for our Slate Grey 356 (61 T5B RHD Coupe)
Best wishes Jay

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#3 Post by Wes Bender »

Excellent! As Jim Liberty says, "Buy the seller" and you won't find one better than Vic.

Leather vs. leatherette is a personal choice. I like leather, but others may not. Looks like it's your call.

Enjoy the ride.......
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

John Clarke
356 Fan

#4 Post by John Clarke »

And well done David Jones for pointing Charles in the right direction .
Regards Jay

George Hussey
356 Fan

#5 Post by George Hussey »

there is no way that you should do anything to an original clean 22 thousand mile car other than service and clean it. It is a museum piece that others should be able to see and enjoy seeing
George Hussey

Charles Robertson
356 Fan

#6 Post by Charles Robertson »

George Hussey wrote:there is no way that you should do anything to an original clean 22 thousand mile car other than service and clean it. It is a museum piece that others should be able to see and enjoy seeing
George the interior is not original. It was redone in 2004.
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in hand thoroughly worn out and screaming “HOLY ****" what a ride!”............Chas

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#7 Post by Jim Liberty »

If you bought it from Vic, you are one lucky guy. He is the BEST. …………..Jim.
Jim Liberty

Charles Robertson
356 Fan

#8 Post by Charles Robertson »

Jim Liberty wrote:If you bought it from Vic, you are one lucky guy. He is the BEST. …………..Jim.
Agreed.