Billet heads on Samba

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

Re: Billet heads on Samba

#31 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

Hi CJ
Yes but it would require a qty to amortize the patterns and possibly have porosity problems and volume differences side to side. also when doing billets you have the choice of alloys and you are more flexible to make changes.
j

BTW Pauter is doing billet 911 heads now

Josef Pit Schweiger
356 Fan

#32 Post by Josef Pit Schweiger »

Hello Everybody,

I just found out there are some discussions about me and my Billet Cylinderheads, and it seems you need some information's!
Yes it`s correct as my friend Jacques le Fraint points out, I will bring my CNC Billet Heads to the Lit and Toy Meeting in LA at the end of this Month.

The Material of my Cylinderhead is 6061-T6 in Aircraft Quality with Heat treatment Certificate
( NOT be 7075-T6 , that`s the wrong material for Cylinderheads!!)

My "Standard" CNC Billet Cylinderheads a made to the excat specifications of the factory drawings.
I have a full drawing set of them.
The combustion chamber is a full digitalisation of the 912 Cylinderhead
My Heads are full finned (not less than others ) like factory heads.

The prices are:
A pair "Standard" CNC Billet Heads fully machined and black anodized will cost € 2490.-
A pair "Standard with Twin Spark" CNC Billet Heads fully machined and black anodized will cost € 2590.-

Have a look at:
https://www.jps-aircooled.com/parts/

A Kit of Valve, Valveguides, Valve Springs and Ti-Retainer etc. can purchase with the heads for € 510.-

Hope to see you in LA

Best regards,
Pit

JPS Aircooled Ltd

Alan Hall
356 Fan

#33 Post by Alan Hall »

Jim at EASY used to base the price of A/B heads on the scrap value of Aluminum plus a little! And oh by the way I still have a pallet load of them I got at the Pellow auction.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#34 Post by Jim Liberty »

CJ. I will not comment. Hope to see you at my open house. I'll buy you a good German beer. ……………..Jim.
Jim Liberty

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#35 Post by Ron LaDow »

If Cliff is there, he better show up to give me a break to look at the two-plug heads.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#36 Post by Adam Wright »

Alan Hall wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 pm Jim at EASY used to base the price of A/B heads on the scrap value of Aluminum plus a little! And oh by the way I still have a pallet load of them I got at the Pellow auction.
I've thought about making an aluminum igloo out of mine, would be fun for the kids...
Attachments
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg (121.89 KiB) Viewed 986 times
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg (90.47 KiB) Viewed 986 times
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg (88.14 KiB) Viewed 986 times
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg (86.79 KiB) Viewed 986 times
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 986 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#37 Post by Martin Benade »

Thats similar to my idea of building a house out of paperback books dipped in glue, there are lots of them that nobody wants for anything else. But the igloo sounds classier.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

C J Murray
356 Fan

#38 Post by C J Murray »

If I can get out of the Northeast Friday we are headed to Naples for 10 days R&R then to Sebring to run the Devin for the first time. I would love to visit Jim and Ron and the rest of the gang if it were not for that.

The Swiss parts look pretty. Buy some and let me know if they work and are durable.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Martin Bruechle
356 Fan

#39 Post by Martin Bruechle »

Adam Wright wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm While I love to see new parts and innovations of old designs, this sure makes my already borderline pile of heads that much more worthless. I might have to buy a boat, since it's looking like I have a bunch of anchors...

Easy to sell those heads Adam.

Current Metal Prices
Metal Price

Copper/Aluminum (per pound) $0.70
Electric Motors (per pound ) $0.10

We Buy Scrap Metal | Wingdale, Dutchess County New York
www.southeastny.com/scrap-metal.php

Space is a problem in So Cal. $$$
Friend of mine just scaled down from 5000 square foot to 2500 square foot of a VW Transmission shop.
He scrapped over 5 ton of Good Used Parts. Piles of early bus reduction gear axles, good cases, all kinds of stuff that doesn't get called for much.

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#40 Post by Greg Bryan »

There was someone at the Lit meet about 3 years ago that had 'converted' late B heads to C heads with a CNC program. Reshaped combustion chambers, intake ports resized to C specs.,etc.
Of course, I don't remember the name of the company and I didn't see the parts again after that. They looked great though.
Greg Bryan

C J Murray
356 Fan

#41 Post by C J Murray »

Greg Bryan wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:35 pm There was someone at the Lit meet about 3 years ago that had 'converted' late B heads to C heads with a CNC program. Reshaped combustion chambers, intake ports resized to C specs.,etc.
Of course, I don't remember the name of the company and I didn't see the parts again after that. They looked great though.
That concept makes 100% good sense.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#42 Post by Adam Wright »

Martin Bruechle wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 pm
Adam Wright wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm While I love to see new parts and innovations of old designs, this sure makes my already borderline pile of heads that much more worthless. I might have to buy a boat, since it's looking like I have a bunch of anchors...

Easy to sell those heads Adam.

Current Metal Prices
Metal Price

Copper/Aluminum (per pound) $0.70
Electric Motors (per pound ) $0.10

We Buy Scrap Metal | Wingdale, Dutchess County New York
www.southeastny.com/scrap-metal.php

Space is a problem in So Cal. $$$
Friend of mine just scaled down from 5000 square foot to 2500 square foot of a VW Transmission shop.
He scrapped over 5 ton of Good Used Parts. Piles of early bus reduction gear axles, good cases, all kinds of stuff that doesn't get called for much.
I have a strict rule to try and never scrap anything, only because once you scrap it, it's gone forever. A friend once scrapped about 5 Carrera cases, because they weren't worth fixing. Or think of all the guys who scrapped whole cars, because no one cared.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Martin Bruechle
356 Fan

#43 Post by Martin Bruechle »

That is a good rule Adam. Here in So Cal in the city real estate is a premium. When I was a industrial/commercial electrician for 25 years you wouldn't believe the stuff that gets tossed.

One time near downtown LA a old windshield place was closing down. These guys were tossing windshields into low boy roll off dumpsters. Multiple dumpsters were full. They were breaking them so they would lay flat. Racks and racks full of 1950's 1960's car windshields getting tossed.

When Vasek Polak died the "trustee's" had shops cleaned out and lots of parts got tossed. I was 2 weeks late. One guy I know dumpster dove and got some 4 cam NOS valve covers and several NOS 356 oil pump covers along with many other parts.