The PORSCHE Effect

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Charles Rollins
356 Fan

The PORSCHE Effect

#1 Post by Charles Rollins »

I was lucky enough to preview the new PORSCHE exhibit at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles today. The exhibit includes over 50 Porsche cars displayed in the lobby, main exhibit hall and in the "Vault". Launch your 70th Anniversary celebration of Porsche with a visit to this exhibit which opens February 3rd 2018 and runs through January 2019. You can view our photo gallery http://www.bench-racing.com/automotive--event-news.html

Best Regards,
Charles Rollins
Bench-Racing.com
Woody's Custom Shop
Costa Mesa,CA
Charles Rollins
1962 356 S90 Coupe
1970 911T
1964 Safari Rally Mercury Comet

George Kehler
356 Fan

Re: The PORSCHE Effect

#2 Post by George Kehler »

Great pics !! Thanks for sharing !! Will visit there while in town for the LA Lit Meet. Perfect timing by the Peterson.
George Kehler II

1955 Coupe
1971 911 S
1997 993 Targa

Steven Murray
356 Fan

#3 Post by Steven Murray »

Charles, does your CTEK authorized dealer icon i see violate the new forum rules?

CTEK got under my skin anyway as I was going to buy one on amazon but AMAZON FEEDBACK posters warned there is no warantee if you don't purchase their chargers through an authorized dealer. It makes CTEK seem like they want to wheezle out of warantee claims. A loop hole. I guess the authorized dealer needs to check that you were up on your charger maintenance, oil changes and all. So I skipped buying one until they will honor their warantee on all new units.

But here is the new forum rule, not sure if your authorized dealer logo is now forbidden,

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44833

Charles Rollins
356 Fan

#4 Post by Charles Rollins »

Thanks for the input, I will modify my icon when I get a chance. CTEK has that policy in force to remove non-authorized dealers from the network. Amazon and others have been deeply discounting chargers for years and it compromises authorized dealers like myself because of buyers tendency to go with the lowest online price. I get calls everyday by potential buyers that pick my brain for knowledge and advice on which charger and which accessories they need for their application then tell me they will call back when ready to order.....you know how that ends up. Try to get that sort of input from a live person at Amazon, not going to happen. Not to mention customer service and product support in the future.

FYI, here is a link to the VIP opening reception at the Petersen for The Porsche Effect. Poor audio but a good short piece.

https://livestream.com/accounts/1937626 ... 7541233919
Charles Rollins
1962 356 S90 Coupe
1970 911T
1964 Safari Rally Mercury Comet

Paul Lima
356 Fan

#5 Post by Paul Lima »

Awesome pictures, thanks!

Roy Tuason
356 Fan

#6 Post by Roy Tuason »

We visited earlier this year and it is very good. Thank you for your pictures, Charles. THE PORSCHE EFFECT is still on display at the Petersen, and the display has been extended. It is well worth a visit.

https://www.petersen.org/porscheeffect/

George Hussey
356 Fan

#7 Post by George Hussey »

WE did the 916 here in our shop
George Hussey