Why is 356 Registry Classifieds rejecting my For Sale ad ??

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Stephen Hoffman
356 Fan

Why is 356 Registry Classifieds rejecting my For Sale ad ??

#1 Post by Stephen Hoffman »

Hello, I am a long-term Registry member, trying to post my first ad in the Classifieds. I keep getting an error message: "413 Request Entity Too Large - nginx/1.12.1". My ad has 3 short paragraphs of text, and two pictures. Why is this described as "too large", and why is my ad being blocked from posting. I would really appreciate some advice from members who understand the process. I couldn't readily find an explanation in the FAQs. I also am not sure how this message will be responded TO... will it come in a relay email address through this site?

Thanks, Steve

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Why is 356 Registry Classifieds rejecting my For Sale ad

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

Stephen Hoffman wrote:Hello, I am a long-term Registry member, trying to post my first ad in the Classifieds. I keep getting an error message: "413 Request Entity Too Large - nginx/1.12.1". My ad has 3 short paragraphs of text, and two pictures. Why is this described as "too large", and why is my ad being blocked from posting. I would really appreciate some advice from members who understand the process. I couldn't readily find an explanation in the FAQs. I also am not sure how this message will be responded TO... will it come in a relay email address through this site?

Thanks, Steve
My guess would be your pics are too large, the site normally rejects anything bigger than 2MB, try reducing the size of your pics.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Bob Kittel
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bob Kittel »

if you are computer challenged like me there are web sites that will reduce the size of photos for you.
Bob Kittel

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#4 Post by David Jones »

Send the picture to yourself using e-mail from wherever your picture is located and the page may well prompt you to select a picture size. Select a medium size and this will reduce the size. Once the e-mail is in your inbox, open it and copy it to somewhere you can find it then copy it in to the ad.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715