Who do I trust to work on my ‘64 coup in SoCal?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jim Alton
356 Fan

Re: Who do I trust to work on my ‘64 coup in SoCal?

#16 Post by Jim Alton »

Allen Fari wrote:Thanks again everyone.
I would love to learn more about the masterful engineering of these fine specimens.
Also, Jim Liberty; I would like a phone number to get in touch with you and your shop.
Best,
Allen
You can contact Jim Liberty via the Liberty Motorsports website: www.libertymotorsports356.net. Drop by at his open house on Saturday, March 2nd 2019 after the Lit Meet.

Scott's Independent, Inc., 1885 S. Santa Cruz in Anaheim is probably your most convenient source. Scott Hendry has a big shop that does more than just 356s but definitely knows the old cars. Scott's 356 won a first in class at the Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show a little while back.

Southern California is full of competent shops for old Porsches but Jacques has a good point about doing your own work. Porsche put maintenance instructions in the Drivers Manual for a reason.

Come to the 356 Club Sunday Run to Flo’s next weekend (Sunday, 4 November 2018). It's not far from Anaheim and we can feed you lots of misinformation with your sausage ortega omelet.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

Allen Fari
356 Fan

Re: Who do I trust to work on my ‘64 coup in SoCal?

#17 Post by Allen Fari »

Thank you Jim Alton,
I think I will join you for the “...run to Flo’s”
KCNO used to be my home airport and I do miss Flo’s food.
Along with the wonderful registry members and their rides, it should be a great day.
Cheers!