Thank you ECH!

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
DonCichocki
356 Fan

Thank you ECH!

#1 Post by DonCichocki »

To Bob and Ellen and all the volunteers of the East Coast Holliday a big THANK YOU for all the work you guys and gals did, it was GREAT!
See you all down the road!
DC

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

Re: Thank you ECH!

#2 Post by Thomas Sottile »

After putting on Two ECH I can say this was a good one.. in planing and carrying thru. Thank You

Robert Gutjahr
356 Fan

#3 Post by Robert Gutjahr »

Thanks, guys. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the weekend. It was very gratifying to both Ellen and me to receive so many nice comments from so many attendees. All the best! Bob and Ellen
Robert Gutjahr

George Kehler
356 Fan

#4 Post by George Kehler »

Yes, it was great !! Congrats Bob and Ellen on an outstanding Holiday !!
George Kehler II

1955 Coupe
1971 911 S
1997 993 Targa

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

My wife and I had a very good time, always great to see old friends and make new ones.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

M Penta
356 Fan

#6 Post by M Penta »

This was my first Holiday and I really enjoyed it. Great people and great venue. I made a lot of new car crazy friends, who I look forward to seeing again.

Thanks to all of the organizers for what must have been a tremendous effort. Thanks also for the generous amount of goodies, food and drink.

Adam, thanks also to you for the goodies you provided, I already used that mini flash light/lantern.

My wife and kids were busy so I attended the event alone, which was quite nice actually. My in laws happened to be in OC at the time so I stayed with them. While it was nice to see them, they understood that I rather spend time with the outlaws...

Drive to/from went well. On the way down I had a hanging idle issue which I was able to fix, on way home I had the hood latch pop open a few times (thankfully the safety catch worked!). I fixed it best I could on the side of the GSP. It seemed to hold, but to be safe I later stopped and used my belt to strap the hood down since that is not a fun thing to worry about! It was a very windy day, and I found that opening the front vent windows a bit really helped with the wind noise through my tired seals.

I took the NYS thruway home and actually had a few flurries when I got into VT. 356 will be getting parked for the season this week, but we ended the season with a really fun road trip!

Eric McKinley
356 Fan

#7 Post by Eric McKinley »

Martin,

I just took my lower hood catch off and sent it to the UK for a replacement.

No matter how many times I adjusted it and the hood closed and latched, over a period of a few months the small crescent catch that the male part catches would slip back to the point were it was not holding the hood closed. The wire was not slipping through the nut as I had the nut tightened really well.

The last thing anyone wants is a hood sail.

Ned Gorski
356 Fan

#8 Post by Ned Gorski »

Bob and Ellen
Great job we had a blast it was good to see everyone again and put faces to the new names.

Regards Ned

C J Murray
356 Fan

#9 Post by C J Murray »

DonCichocki wrote:To Bob and Ellen and all the volunteers of the East Coast Holliday a big THANK YOU for all the work you guys and gals did, it was GREAT!
See you all down the road!
DC
+1
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

George Dunn
Registry Hall of Fame

#10 Post by George Dunn »

Ellen & Bob,
Congrats on a superb Holiday. One of the very best organized that I've attended.
Thank you, George Dunn