Seat Bottom Question

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Gordon Watkins
356 Fan

Seat Bottom Question

#1 Post by Gordon Watkins »

I'm in the process of recovering my front seats and have a question about the cords for the seat bottom of my 62 B T6 coupe. I'm using new foam cushions and vinyl covers from K&H. Ron Roland's book and article in Registry Vo. 20 No 3 provides excellent detail, except for the "third cord not shown". I understand the two cords for the crease but can't visualize the third cord, described as:

"There is an additional heavy cord on each side that is attached to the flat framework at the top rear of the spring assembly. It is then pulled across the top of several springs before being pulled down and tied to the loops."

While it's not clear, I think these cords go from the back of the spring frame up and over the cushion and down the same hole to the loops as the other 2 cords. Have I got that right? Do they help delineate the line between the bolsters and pleated section between the crease and the back of the seat?

Thanks!
Gordon Watkins
1963 356B Super Coupe w/912/SC engine
1986 911 Carrera

George Hussey
356 Fan

Re: Seat Bottom Question

#2 Post by George Hussey »

maybe call autos international and talk to Augustino. He really knows his 356 seat "stuff"
George Hussey

Gordon Watkins
356 Fan

Re: Seat Bottom Question

#3 Post by Gordon Watkins »

Thanks George. As I proceeded with recovering it became clear that the third pair of cords did attach as I surmised above and helps secure the cushion to the springs.
Gordon Watkins
1963 356B Super Coupe w/912/SC engine
1986 911 Carrera