Made it to the ECH, post pics here!!!

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Dan Haden
356 Fan

Re: Made it to the ECH, post pics here!!!

#16 Post by Dan Haden »

I didn't believe Adam would make it, but he did. Congratulations.

Here are a few of my photos.
Attachments
IMG_1087A.jpg
IMG_1089A.jpg
IMG_1092A.jpg
IMG_1094A.jpg
IMG_1098A.jpg
IMG_1099A.jpg
IMG_1107A.jpg
IMG_1108A.jpg
IMG_1109A.jpg
IMG_1111A.jpg

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#17 Post by Adam Wright »

Dan Haden wrote:I didn't believe Adam would make it, but he did. Congratulations.

Here are a few of my photos.
We had to leave off a bunch of stuff that I deemed non-essential in order to get the car ready in time. Had anyone opened the doors you would have seen lots of missing trim and stuff. But one thing that didn't make the cut was wipers, ooops.
Attachments
nowipers.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Robert Gutjahr
356 Fan

#18 Post by Robert Gutjahr »

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments and photos from the Holiday. Ellen and I were very gratified by your compliments over the course of the weekend. When Cliff asked me on the day of the car show after the cars were on the Boards and judging was about to begin (I am the organizer he mentions in his post.), I felt badly that I could not honor his request to be jduged. We so much wanted to allow his 1959 coupe in the concours, but at any judged event I've ever been associated with, the field is set the day or two before. (In some cases, the week before.) I would like to thank Cliff publicly in this forum for his outstanding tech session on engines. It was compelling, authoritative and packed the house. And thanks to you all for coming to our event. Bob and Ellen
Robert Gutjahr

C J Murray
356 Fan

#19 Post by C J Murray »

Robert Gutjahr wrote:I felt badly that I could not honor his request to be jduged. We so much wanted to allow his 1959 coupe in the concours,
:shock: Bob, you showed absolutely no interest, just a very quick NO and you were gone. You didn't look like you were taking it badly and it was over so quickly that I was left truly dumbfounded.

The holiday was otherwise quite nice though.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

M Penta
356 Fan

#20 Post by M Penta »

C J Murray wrote:Mark, tell us about your car and your trip. It sounds like you covered some quick miles to get to Simeone after work and on the trip home. That seems to be a testament to your wrenching abilities.

Thanks Cliff, I still have plenty to learn about the 356 world, but have played with a wide variety of other cars for 35 yrs.

I updated my project thread ("Marks 356C"), but not much major work to it since I finally got it on the road a couple of years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27039

BTW, Your 59 was by far my favorite coupe there. I complimented you as I was rushing back to my car to get it off the boardwalk.

Mark

C J Murray
356 Fan

#21 Post by C J Murray »

Mark, Bali with red is a wonderful C combination and of course the C engine is the best street use engine ever put into a 356. Just keep the kids and their bikes out of the garage! :P
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#22 Post by Adam Wright »

C J Murray wrote:Mark, Bali with red is a wonderful C combination and of course the C engine is the best street use engine ever put into a 356. Just keep the kids and their bikes out of the garage! :P
I agree, my car has a C engine with Super Zeniths, a bulletproof combo. I no longer have the stacks, as seen in this pic.
Attachments
stacks.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

FernandoLopez
356 Fan

#23 Post by FernandoLopez »

Here's my brother's website. It has tons of ECH pics! https://www.lopezkiilphotography.com/p4 ... #hbad6807b
Also, Ocean City Daily came out with a really awesome article! Check it out at http://ocnjdaily.com/vintage-porsches-f ... boardwalk/
Cheers!
Nando

Steve Turino
356 Fan

#24 Post by Steve Turino »

Wow! Fernando, your brother's photos are wonderful. This looks like an incredible event, wish I had gone. Maybe next year. Oh.. and Cliff what color is your car, I love that color
1961 T5 Super Coupe
2013 Boxster S

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#25 Post by Adam Wright »

Steve Turino wrote:Wow! Fernando, your brother's photos are wonderful. This looks like an incredible event, wish I had gone. Maybe next year. Oh.. and Cliff what color is your car, I love that color
I don't think there will be a next year, as of right now there is now ECH planned for 2019. I have one in my head, but it's gonna be in about 10 years, once my kids are gone.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

C J Murray
356 Fan

#26 Post by C J Murray »

Adam Wright wrote:I don't think there will be a next year, as of right now there is now ECH planned for 2019. I have one in my head, but it's gonna be in about 10 years, once my kids are gone.
If you stop feeding them they move out sooner!
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#27 Post by Adam Wright »

C J Murray wrote:
Adam Wright wrote:I don't think there will be a next year, as of right now there is now ECH planned for 2019. I have one in my head, but it's gonna be in about 10 years, once my kids are gone.
If you stop feeding them they move out sooner!
I should try that, except at 8 and 10 they are going to be around for awhile, any way I slice it. Don't get me wrong, I'm soaking up every minute of time with them, I spent all day at their schools doing art and crafts today, but I know better than to try and plan a holiday with the pull of two kids who still think Dad is cool. Once they are late teenagers I can disappear because at that point I will of already have disappeared in their minds. Like my late great friend Gerry McCarthy once told me, "Once they get to be a teenager you will have become the dumbest, meanest man ever!"
www.unobtanium-inc.com

C J Murray
356 Fan

#28 Post by C J Murray »

Fernando, great pictures! I assume he will sell them off of that link by clicking "shop".

Steve, the color is Meissen blue. I think it was named after the town in eastern Germany where porcelain china is made including Meissen Blue Onion china.
DSC_0007.jpg
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

#29 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Ferndando - Great pics thank you for sharing! Nice to see a couple of my WIP in the gallery. :)

I think I saw some PCA leadership at our event. I also carefully dodged some interviewers with a camera - anyone know if the PCA plans any coverage?

I'd love to see a 2019 or even a 2020 ECH. Despite some minor mechanical adventures on the way up and during, I had a blast! The wife even found the experience satisfactory - high praise!

Next time - I feel compelled to volunteer in some capacity. I feel for Bob and Ellen. The effort required to put on such an event must be enormous.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#30 Post by C J Murray »

Sean M Rooks wrote: The wife even found the experience satisfactory - high praise!
That really makes things nicer. The hotel this year was very nice with very accommodating personnel. That helps. There are some good restaurants nearby and that helps. The hotel was within walking distance of the show on the boardwalk and that is a giant plus for wives who can really only take so much of the car thing. Being able to retreat to a comfortable room is a very important feature. The hospitality was a pleasure as well. We have been to 14 Holidays and there can be problems with the hospitality rooms. Overall the event was comfortable and that is hard to do.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion