2018 Trustee Candidates

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Mary Skamser
Membership Manager

2018 Trustee Candidates

#1 Post by Mary Skamser »

Our annual trustee election time is here. This year, two positions will be open, those currently held by Curt Dansby and Felix Macaluso. Trustees are elected for three-year terms, and the candidates listed here (in alphabetical order) have been nominated. Please read their statements and vote for no more than two. Contact them if you have questions. Candidate statements are also posted under "Latest News" in the News and Events section of the website.

Electronic Voting, Nov 15 - Dec 1.
Voting will again be offered through a secure electronic service. As last year, all members with an email address on file with the club will receive an email invitation to vote online at a secure site through Electionrunner.com. This invitation will be sent out on November 15th. Online voting will be open from that date until December 1st; you must vote within those two weeks of receiving the email invitation. (Tracking of voting last year showed that the vast majority voted within a day or two of the email invitation.) This schedule should allow every member to have received their magazine and read the candidates’ statements (which will also be posted online at the website).

Printed Mail Ballots, due by Dec 15.
No ballots are included with this magazine. Members without email access or who prefer to mail a ballot can request an original paper ballot by writing or by calling the membership office. We will mail one to you to be filled out and returned to our accounting firm by December 15th. Only original ballots properly filled out will be valid.

If you want a paper ballot to mail: Email to
membership@porsche356registry.org
Call 651-433-0165.
Write to request:
Box 356, Stillwater, MN 55082 (USA only).

Curt Dansby,
Charlotte, North Carolina

curt_dansby@bellsouth.net

Here I am again. Without delving into the intricacies of achieving the staggered election process that I have written about numerous times previously, I will simply say that I am up for election this year. At the end of 2018 I will have served four years on the board. There has been much talk of term limits during my time on the board (although I believe if you look at the individual tenures of the current board members, there is no logic justifying any argument in this vein).
I have not been in favor of term limits and I have been castigated by some for this position. My previously written statements that my tenure would be “finite” but at those times I could not assign a numeric value to “finite”. I still feel that I owe a debt to all this club has afforded me and to those who have entrusted me with this responsibility. I would also like to remain to see the magazine transition to its full completion.
At this juncture I can tell you that “finite” (should you see fit to re-elect me) now means this will be my last term on the board. I am honored to serve and incredibly honored to represent you as the president. I never expected nor had designs on being the president of this club, I simply wanted to give back to something that had given so much to me (my position as president is determined by my peers on the board and is subject to change). However, I feel that seven years would be plenty of time to have basked in the limelight that the position has offered.
There have been many positive actions and changes effected during my four-year tenure but I will not singularly claim credit for work that was a result of the efforts of the board as a whole. If elected I will serve a final three-year term and then I intend to return to the parking lots of E & WCH’s (and hopefully an International or two) working on cars and drinking beer with my friends.
Curt Dansby

Garrick Huey,
Walnut Creek, California

garrickhuey@aol.com

I am a fourth generation Californian, I grew up and still reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I am currently on the sales team and partner of a successful broadcast level integration firm based in Emeryville, CA.
Our company provides design consultation and system integration of large scale audio / video, and data systems for media and entertainment applications. We build very cool facilities and studios for the next generation companies.
I have been the proud owner of an original unrestored 1963 356B Super T6 Coupe since the 1970s. During that time period, it was my daily driver while in graduate school at the University of California at Berkeley. I still own the 356 and I enjoy the intrinsic feel, responsiveness, and lightness when driving it.
While I have been a long time owner of a 356, I joined the Registry in 2005. I've attended Holidays, North Meets South events, and regional Gathering of the Faithful luncheons. The Registry has been a great source of information and support for me from a technical aspect as well as through social fulfillment.
I have served on the Board of Directors of our regional 356CAR Club (California Alta Region, Northern California) from 2006 through 2014 for three three-year terms (a total of 9 years, as the club secretary). We reduced the club expenses, insurance costs, newsletter printing costs by going to an electronic version, and adjusted the dues to balance the budget and made the club financially stable.
As a trustee, I wish to contribute support and provide input from the West Coast.
I would appreciate your vote.
Respectfully,
Garrick Huey

Pat Yanahan, Burr Ridge, Illinois

pyanahan@comcast.net

When I was in the Navy several of our officers had sports cars, but one 356B stopped me in my tracks. After my first ride at speed that sealed the romance. In 1985 my 356 friend Tim Poison (who made me join the Registry) told me about an original ‘58 A Coupe for sale in Texas. I was on the plane the next day and purchased a totally original 28,000-mile California car. That was followed by a super low mileage ‘57 A Coupe which was a factory Geneva Auto Show display car. When the recession hit I was lucky to find a rough ‘64 C Coupe that I personally restored back to show status. Now I am working on a ‘55 pre-A Speedster track car to bring back to original condition.
In 2000, I was a founding member and then president of the Midwest 356 Club and am now active planning their programs and tech seminars. This has gifted my wife Bonnie and me with life-long friends, and we keep adding to the list at Holidays, which we enjoy as our friend-making vacations.
Recently, I have decided to retire as the president of an international advertising and public relations firm with offices in both Europe and Asia. Our professional work included research, strategic planning and execution for both medium-size and Fortune 500 companies. I had to travele extensively which allowed me to visit the factory over a dozen times. As a result, I have made several friends at the factory and have also been to Gmünd and Zell am See in Austria where Porsche Number One was conceived.
My studies were at the University of Illinois Chicago in Electronic Engineering and graduate studies were in business at the Illinois Institute of Technology. One of my assignments was as an advisor to the White House Commission on the Internet, which included testifying before Congress on the future economic implications of the internet. I have also taught Marketing Research at the graduate school of De Paul University in Chicago.
I trust that my professional experience and practical 356 knowledge, gained at regional and national events, will benefit the Registry and its members all around the world. With this as background, it would be my honor to serve as a 356 Registry trustee.
Pat Yanahan

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

Re: 2018 Trustee Candidates

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Mary, thank you for posting this in the forum and my thanks to the three candidates for running for trustee!
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic