Looking for Pre-A Interior Photo

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jack Stenner
356 Fan

Looking for Pre-A Interior Photo

#1 Post by Jack Stenner »

I'm in the process of getting a revised COA for my car, and according to Porsche, my car originally had a "yellow with beige corduroy" interior. Does anyone have a photo of a car with this combination? According to Dr. Johnson's book it's a combination usually found on '54-55 Jade Green cars.

Here's tan? corduroy in a '53:

53 Coupe #51576

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Jack,
Here's a pic I took of a '55 Jade Green Metallic Carrera. Although, it looks like it doesn't have the interior you are looking for.

Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Jack Stenner
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jack Stenner »

Yeah, it looks like that's tan leather or vinyl. Here's a pic of a '52 that has a fabric insert. Beyond the color issue, I'm wondering if that's the proper configuration with the beige corduroy inserted in the middle and the yellow (vinyl?) on the outer and sides. Or does it mean yellow piping?

53 Coupe #51576

#4 Post by Guest »

thanks for those pics as I am looking to get some info togeather for my 54 int resto..

My car orginaly was Jade Green.. Like in the pic and I was looking for years for pictures and no one had any...

So I changed the colour to Radium Green a 53 colour

Jack Stenner
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jack Stenner »

Okay, I answered my own question regarding the configuration of the materials when the interior is a combination of corduroy and vinyl/leather. This picture of the brand new '53 on Charlie White's site clearly shows it. Unfortunately it's a black and white photo, so I would still like to see any photos someone may have of a car whose interior is YELLOW with Beige Corduroy inserts.

53 Coupe #51576

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#6 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Not sure if this is the right colors..But looks pretty close. These pics are of a 1952 interior

Can anyone confirm the color combo of this interior?
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Jack Stenner
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jack Stenner »

I'm wondering too about the edge of the seat. You can see a trim piece that extends from the seat hinge in the picture below and in the one you just posted of the '52.

The picture at the top of this thread is of a supposedly original interior in #51299, and it doesn't have this trim piece. My car, #51576 doesn't have this piece either, though of course mine has been reupholstered so it could have been removed. I'm wondering if this was a running change that was dropped in the later '53s or something.

....the interior you just posted looks more like a tan than a "yellow"...but who knows?
53 Coupe #51576

#8 Post by Guest »

Can I just say thanks for posting this I am doing up a 54 and this is just what I needed. I have a Jade Green car but I am painting it Radium Green as I just don't like the colour Jade.

But I am keeping the interior the same so I can now see what I need to copy great news..

Anyone know of any good cord suppliers

Jack Stenner
356 Fan

#9 Post by Jack Stenner »

Hey Mark,

Does your interior have the trim piece on the edge of the seat like above? You should put some pics of your car in the Members Gallery:

http://356registry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38
53 Coupe #51576

#10 Post by Guest »

no it does not, should it do?

is that some other item i now have to add to the list of missing parts :(

:wink:

Jack Stenner
356 Fan

#11 Post by Jack Stenner »

Mark Colin wrote:no it does not, should it do?

is that some other item i now have to add to the list of missing parts :(

:wink:
LOL, that's what I'm trying to find out as well! I've seen pictures of cars around this time, both ways.
53 Coupe #51576

Omar Almada
356 Fan

#12 Post by Omar Almada »

My 52 coupe has it, but the 53 cabrio came with out it but it was re-done in the 70's.
53cabrio+56speedster

Charlie White
356 Fan

#13 Post by Charlie White »

Here's a close up view of the trim piece in the picture from my website of the interior of an original 53 Coupe.
Charlie White