History of 115517

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Mike Horton
356 Fan

Re: History of 115517

#16 Post by Mike Horton »

Steve, these colors depended a lot on the outside colors. My 1st '57 356A T1, was that "metallic concrete" color outside, badly faded by the West TX sun, up here in the High Plains, and the red interior, had faded to a near orange, but had those same red dash top, and fairly dark maroon garnish rails, later changed to all black. These were just "old funny furrin' " cars, back then, and I was 19, as a Freshman, far more worried what the girls on campus thought, than any potential show judges. I loved that Corvette Yellow, with black interior car, my only one then, a Normal, with an Abarth "pea shooter" muffler, Amco chromed luggage rack, Talbot mirror, leather steering wheel glove, wood shift knob, Coco mats, 1/2" wider German aftermarket wheels, and well dressed for a college campus car, back in the day.

I later had an early '60 Cab, originally Silver, again, with the faded Red interior, leather only on the seat upper surfaces, Red dash top, and Maroon garnish rails. I also had a '63 Slate Gray coupe, with the faded Red interior, red dash top, and...Maroon garnish rails.
Attachments
1st, A T1 Normal '64, & 2nd, B T5 autocross eng., '69
1st, A T1 Normal '64, & 2nd, B T5 autocross eng., '69
Mike

Steve Turino
356 Fan

Re: History of 115517

#17 Post by Steve Turino »

Cool photo's Mike
1961 T5 Super Coupe
2013 Boxster S