Connecting Rods Identification Thank You Note

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Daniel William Coronado, Jr.
356 Fan

Connecting Rods Identification Thank You Note

#1 Post by Daniel William Coronado, Jr. »

a very appreciative thanks to those who responded to my query " Connecting Rods Identification." These were sold to me as 1964 C rods but were subsequently identified as much earlier and much less desirable. The seller pulled the motor from a 64 C so just assumed... As a modest gesture of my appreciation I am going to tell you about one of the most amazing artist/craftsmen that I have ever seen. This man scratch builds 1:6 scale models of vehicles that interest him. He has made a Ferrari, a Bugatti, a bus, a pre-war Mercedes SSK, and Porsche 356 S90 Coupe and is now working on an open version of that car. the models are about 2 to ft long by my estimation. He forms the body panels in multiple pieces and then solders them together. He forms many parts on a small machinist lathe such as instrument bezels the size of a dime. headlight bezels the size of a nickel, a Nardi steering wheel the size of a silver dollar etc. He recreates all aspects of the vehicle, pedal sets, hood hinges, gas tanks, and amazingly realistic drum brake wheels complete with tiny lug nuts. He then finishes the model with the appropriate paint finishes. and the end result looks like a full size car. I found him on Facebook and when I friend requested him he accepted and provided additions to his portfolio. His name is Jordi Reixach Rodriquez. Check it out. I think you will be amazed.

P.S. Have you ever seen a 2" tall Billstein jack that actually works! Watch Jordi operate it with a jack handle the size of a toothpick.

John Hawkins
356 Fan

Re: Connecting Rods Identification Thank You Note

#2 Post by John Hawkins »

Jordi appears to be a very talented model builder.
Here is the link to his website: http://jordireixach.com/
And Youtube videos of construction are here: http://jordireixach.com/multimedia-video-coches/

Jeffrey Leeds
356 Fan

Re: Connecting Rods Identification Thank You Note

#3 Post by Jeffrey Leeds »

Thanks for sharing this John. Worth the time looking at each one. Amazing detail.

Jeff
< Jeff >

Registry Member Since 1978
1963 356B T-6 Super 90 Coupe
2009 997.2 Carrera S
2015 958 Cayenne diesel-1 & 2015 958 Cayenne diesel-2