356A rear camber issue with spacers removed question.

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Steve Raucher
356 Fan

356A rear camber issue with spacers removed question.

#1 Post by Steve Raucher »

Hello all,
So finally had rear flares repaired. A couple pie cuts each side and hammer dolly etc. Going into primer,blocking then blend paint soon.
This disc brake '58 Speedster had large rear spacers and two thick washers on each wheel hub with longer studs. Shorter studs were put in place and washers and spacers removed, as wheels now sit inwards a bit more. My craftsman says the tops of the rear tires are facing out a bit more and camber is slightly off. Running a Skirmants rear camber compensator which holds the bottom of the wheels in.
Could the camber go out of adjustment by simply removing the spacers and washers? Now rear has to be adjusted, thus the front also slightly lowered as well. Car already sits quite low. Was told by power guru 356 god that it should be 11" from the top of rocker to the ground. Just a little lower in the front.
Any insight or confirmation on this is appreciated.
Regards,
Steve

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

Re: 356A rear camber issue with spacers removed question.

#2 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Personally I would give Vic a call and discuss setup for your desired use. For spirited street use decamber a little( up to 1 degree) and set up so 1degree nose down attitude. Vics set up in rear and 17mm front sway bar. Would be a good compromise to start with.
Attachments
Suspension.JPG
Last edited by Doug McDonnell on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.