Reutter Build Book Info

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Bill Sargent
356 Fan
Tag: Faux-Cam

Reutter Build Book Info

#1 Post by Bill Sargent »

Some time ago there was information posted about a company (current vestige of the Reutter company or son of the owner) that could supply you with a copy of your car's Reutter build sheet (for a fee). I have searched the forum site, but cannot seem to find the info. Could someone please post it again?
Regards,

Bill Sargent
#151489 59A Cab - Faux Cam
#159176 64C Cab
#460603 67 912
904 clone in the works

Jim Alton
356 Fan

Re: Reutter Build Book Info

#2 Post by Jim Alton »

I believe you want to contact Guido Eickholz at Erlkönig Classic GmbH, Holunderweg 2, 74405 Gaildorf, Germany
e-mail info@erlkoenig-classic.de
phone +49 (7971) 92 33 54
fax +49 (7971) 92 33 53

Some of the threads were:
Reutter certificate
Reutter like Kardex
Reutter Certificate of Production
Cab 60441 Reutter Certificate

It looks like you can only get this for your 356A--your 356C was built after Porsche bought Karosseriewerk Reutter.
---------------------------------------------------
Herr Eickholz offered this in one of those threads:

Dear all,

Officially licensed we are proud being able offering this special document for almost all the Reutter built Porsche 356 ( 1950 - the End of 1963) - based on original historical data, showing various details of how a specific 356 has been delivered to Porsche.
As Reutter built the body including the interior - besides outside color and color codes, our certificate will give you quite a lot detailed period correct information as well as detailed various specifications of a specific 356: such as the seat, color and used materials (f.e. leather, fabrics), dashboard color, color and materials for door covers, flooring (including producing companies) … to name just a few.

The delivery date from Reutter to Porsche is part of the documentary and - once you proofed your ownership – we´ll provide the keycodes of your car to you within the certificate.
In certain cases we´ll add extra specifications as long as they are mentioned in the historical documents.

In addition to the written information you´ll receive a printed color-card giving to get an impression of how the specifications of your car looked like when it had been delivered from Reutter to Porsche.
The documentary will give you as well some historical background of Reutter´s history including a couple of historical pictures provided by the Reutter Family Archive.

The Karosserie Reutter certificate will be the ideal supplement to the original Porsche certificate showing you technical information of your engine, gearbox etc., as this is not part of our documentary.
Our nicely printed certificate costs 356,00 € (including 19 % VAT but for international buyer out of the EU it´s VAT free ( - 19% off). A duplicate of the documentation costs additional 39,00 € and can be ordered separately at shipping costs worldwide 7,50 €.

To place your order, all you have to do is to send us the VIN (Reutter Karosserie number), 2-4 pictures of the car how it looks today (for documentary reasons) and a proof of ownership (if you´d like to get the key numbers info as well).
You´ll then get a confirmation via email including the invoice (by mail or PayPal).

As we already received quite a lot orders from Porsche 356 owners all over the world and our accurate research for the certificate takes it´s time, we´ll thank you for your patience that from date of ordering to secured shipping of the certificate it will take at least two weeks.
The certificate is available in German language and in English, please let us know what you prefer. Thanks for your interest.

Guido Eickholz
info@erlkoenig-classic.de

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

Bill Sargent
356 Fan
Tag: Faux-Cam

#3 Post by Bill Sargent »

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Regards,

Bill Sargent
#151489 59A Cab - Faux Cam
#159176 64C Cab
#460603 67 912
904 clone in the works

Bill Romano
356 Fan

#4 Post by Bill Romano »

I saw one of these books and they're impressive. So I ordered one for my 64 C and paid around $300+. Never heard from vendor. No receipt of order. After several attempts to contact the vendor with no response at all, filed a grievance with PayPal. They also tried to contact the vendor with no success and finally refunded my payment. Really surprised that PayPal was able to refund my payment (there were some exchange losses but that's much better than a total loss). Your writeup explains why my C was probably not included but the book I saw was for a 65 SC!
Bill Romano

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Mike Wilson »

I, too, had a similar experience with them trying to purchase an item for a friend through their website. Unresponsive despite several attempts. He was able to complete the transaction on eBay.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Gabe Renga
356 Fan

#6 Post by Gabe Renga »

Same problem here. I gave them two more weeks to complete order after a month and half of waiting or I would get PayPal to deal with them. The book was completed after two months and I must say it is very well done. But I felt I was lucky to see it. Never deal with them again.
Gabe
2018 Targa GTS
2006 997 S
2010 Cayenne GTS
1964 C Cab

------------------------

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#7 Post by Jim Liberty »

I have used Guido Eickholz for two cars I am working on, just ordered a third. I transfer Euros from my German bank account by wire transfer to him. $300 US. The booklet presentation is outstanding, and complete. I could not do a full on concourse car without this data. It takes about a month to get the information via mail. Well worth the wait. The PayPal might be the problem. .....................................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#8 Post by Jules Dielen »

I got my first one after 6 months, paid cash at Techno Classica Essen and it took a few emails back and forth as reminders but it was worth the wait. The second order took about 6-7 weeks, sent to USA. Very happy with the nicely done documentation.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#9 Post by Jim Nelson »

This looks like a great thing to have, but...I’ve been waiting since June 22nd, and no response to emails. It’s a little disconcerting to see some get the book and some have a similar experience.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#10 Post by Mike Wilson »

It sounds like an improvement in customer relations is needed.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#11 Post by Jim Liberty »

Mike, I believe Guido is the great grandson of the Reutter founder. I suspect he looks up the information a his leisure, and copies it. This could not be profitable. I would not take the time if it were me, unless it was for a friend. .........................Jim.
Jim Liberty

C J Murray
356 Fan

#12 Post by C J Murray »

You can get a COA pretty quickly but it doesn't have much information and what is there is often inaccurate. Maybe slow is better?
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#13 Post by Mike Wilson »

Good points, Jim and Cliff.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#14 Post by Jim Nelson »

C J Murray wrote:You can get a COA pretty quickly but it doesn't have much information and what is there is often inaccurate. Maybe slow is better?
Slow might be better, but...he doesn't answer emails, and now it's been over four months since I ordered mine. Time to reject the payment. Since this is offered as a regular product (not one of those "I'd only do it for a friend of mine" kinds of things, I'd expect that when you repeatedly email these folks about a real product (https://erlkoenig-classic.de/en/Reutter ... -oxid.html) that they would be professional about it and ...respond. If there's a problem getting data, or any other production snag, I get it, but....you need to say so. Radio silence does not work in business.
Last edited by Jim Nelson on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabe Renga
356 Fan

#15 Post by Gabe Renga »

Jim
I sent him a note that I was getting PayPal involved and gave him 48 hours to respond. I also setup the claim but did not push the activation button for the claim. Within two hours he emailed me. Maybe he got notice of an impending claim??!
Gabe
2018 Targa GTS
2006 997 S
2010 Cayenne GTS
1964 C Cab

------------------------