Unicorn

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Chris Mann
356 Fan

Unicorn

#1 Post by Chris Mann »

Chris Mann

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

Re: Unicorn

#2 Post by David Jones »

WOW, A rare opportunity to own such a beast. So much information on the car is overwhelming. Pity I don't like 64 S90's.
I thought the 63's were quite good.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#3 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Sure seems like a teaser ad to me. I know I wouldn't email him.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#4 Post by Vic Skirmants »

BULL f*****g S**T!
Can't believe it's still up.

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#5 Post by Edwin Ek »

Just a gentle reminder. Not every seller knows what he or she is doing. There are still people who own these cars and aren't experts or enthusiasts.

There are also plenty of scammers.

If you seek a bargain or something special, you often must walk into the weeds.

There is a fairly well-known dealer here in Southern California. It sells '50s, '60s, and '70s foreign sports cars. I went to visit once because a '62 Roadster was for sale. It was a pretty impressive sight: there were hundreds of Porsches, Jags, MGs, Sunbeams, Alfa Romeos, Aston Martins, Austin Healeys, etc. Most were in driver condition.

Well, this place knew on some levels what it was doing, but on another level it was clueless. It sold a real '70 or '71 911 ST race car for chump change because it had an ugly fiberglass slant nose kit and flares. It didn't know enough or couldn't be bothered to check the VIN and see the telltales: rollbar mounts, funky pedal box, etc. Fully restored, that is probably a million-dollar car.

But remember, when you think you have found a bargain, you must ask yourself is it really a bargain, or are you the pigeon? Do you really know more than the seller?