Elevenparts LED taillight bulbs

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

Re: Elevenparts LED taillight bulbs

#16 Post by Dave Wildrick »

I've had CuLayer lights on the rear of both C coupes for years. The problem with those is that the outboard lights don't point directly to the rear; also very hard to see in bright daylight on my red car.
I ordered the 6V red LED lights recommended by Mark last summer, but my life was interrupted during the past year by repairing the aftermath of home and car flooding from Hurricane Harvey.
Truth is, I forgot I had those new LED lights (somewhere in my garage) until you guys mentioned them. I plan to compare them with the CuLayer ones and see which I like better.
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe

Mark Reich
356 Fan

#17 Post by Mark Reich »

Mark, can you specify which bulbs you are using?

Thanks.
Mark Reich
'61 T5B Super Coupe - Heron Grey
'18 911 Carrera - Miami Blue

M Penta
356 Fan

#18 Post by M Penta »

These are a must, definitely picking some up before driving to Jersey..

I am happy with my LED headlights so far.

Alan Winer
356 Fan

#19 Post by Alan Winer »

I purchased LED bulbs for tail and front signal from Jeffrey, and I honestly didn't see much of a brightness increase. Don't get me wrong, I have purchased many items from Jeffrey and have been completely satisfied with his products. I'm in the midst of a 12V conversion and went with the CU Layer tail lights and am converting all other bulbs to LED. I am using Jeffrey's headlights, they work extremely well. You have to do some research regarding these LEDS.
Alan

Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

#20 Post by Mark Roth »

The ones I bought off eBay is now NLA. I just googled 6 volt red led 1156 bulb and located some. Hard to find.
Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

#21 Post by Mark Roth »

Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#22 Post by David Jones »

If anyone should buy any of these bulbs that Mark is referencing please give us feedback on how they work. I could use a few pair but there is no urgency for me. I am always a little concerned about bulbs that supposedly operate on any voltage from 6 to 24 volts as I bought some many years ago that did not light up until a threshold of about 8 volts. They were an early attempt at LED headlight bulbs and even at 12 volts the light output was abysmal.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

JERRY LANDES
356 Fan

#23 Post by JERRY LANDES »

I also bought bulbs from Jeffrey and couldn't tell much difference. Then I went to CU layer lights and was stunned at how bright they are plus the fact that the entire light lights up when you hit the brakes! Still, Jeffrey's headlights are wonderful.

Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

#24 Post by Dave Wildrick »

JERRY LANDES wrote:. Then I went to CU layer lights and was stunned at how bright they are plus the fact that the entire light lights up when you hit the brakes!
I got the earlier tail light sets from CU layer on which only the outboard section lights up for signal or brake light. His more recent ones are wired as you describe so that both the brake/signal and running light sections light up simultaneously when you brake or hit the turn signal--gives much more visibility than the ones I bought. Not sure if there's a way to rewire mine. Probably requires a different circuit board.
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe