Speedster with SC Running Gear

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Robert Thiemrodt
356 Fan

Re: Speedster with SC Running Gear

#16 Post by Robert Thiemrodt »

Hi Brett,
There were two other 356 guys, pointing things out as well, not just you. It's all good. I respect you authenticity guys. Your Continental was beautiful.
The left lane is for passing, MOVE OVER!!!!

Alex Finigan
356 Fan

#17 Post by Alex Finigan »

Edwin Ek wrote:De gustibus non disputandum est. That is Latin for "concerning taste, there must be no dispute". Alex, I think your car looks fantastic! The only thing I would change is to use Speedster headlight grilles instead of the later fry baskets. For some reason, your C wheels look especially good to me. Fuchs alloys look a sminch too modern, me thinks- but still very cool. Obviously they are quite a bit better technically.
I also don't care for the look of the Fuchs on a 356, but that's just me. I like the wire basket look, but not enough to drill holes in the fender for the original ones. Tastes change over the years, and now i find myself loving T5B's, go figure.
A Slate Gray T5 S-90 S/R would be my unicorn presently.

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#18 Post by Edwin Ek »

Tastes do change. In the middle 1980's, after finishing college and getting my first real job, I went shopping for a 356. My dad had picked up a C coupe in the summer of 1964, and that was what I learned to drive in a dozen years later.

I test drove a couple of Speedsters, and I thought they were just too old fashioned. Now of course they look fantastic to me, but I want a better driving experience.

I wonder how early, plain C hubcaps would look on C steel wheels for a Speedster with disc brakes.

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

#19 Post by Jim Karaba »

Hows this Edwin. Painted body color to blend in to the early T-1 look.
Attachments
speedster done 021.jpg

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#20 Post by Edwin Ek »

Jim, that is nice! Thanks, Ed