gas in oil causing overflow

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Eric McKinley
356 Fan

Re: gas in oil causing overflow

#16 Post by Eric McKinley »

Ron,

Would that be a solution for priming the carbs for owners of cars that possibly are parked for extended periods of time, say 8 weeks, without any movement?

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#17 Post by Ron LaDow »

Richard Holler wrote:Interested, is it possible to install that without taking the engine out?
No need to remove the engine. Take off the air filters and the fuel line, loose-assemble the stuff on the bench, ny-tie the blade in place, refit the removed stuff and tighten it up.
Less than an hour, if you are comfortable swinging wrenches.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#18 Post by Ron LaDow »

EricMcKinley wrote:Ron,
Would that be a solution for priming the carbs for owners of cars that possibly are parked for extended periods of time, say 8 weeks, without any movement?
Can't say for 8 weeks. My car hasn't sat that long, and I haven't reports back for that period of time yet.
I can tell you mine (the prototype 30cc unit) did fine for a month in San Fran; the 40cc production unit should do better than that.
The evaporation path requires the vapors to find their way from the cannister, though the fuel lines and the float valves, all the way to one of the float bowls before it can get to atmosphere, so it's pretty stingy letting it loose.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Richard Holler
356 Fan
Tag: 1963 356 S T6 coupe

#19 Post by Richard Holler »

Ron LaDow wrote:
Richard Holler wrote:Interested, is it possible to install that without taking the engine out?
No need to remove the engine. Take off the air filters and the fuel line, loose-assemble the stuff on the bench, ny-tie the blade in place, refit the removed stuff and tighten it up.
Less than an hour, if you are comfortable swinging wrenches.
Thanks, will probably be ordering that (my B still has the original flexible fuel line it appears)
fuel1.jpg

and your oil sump cover. I am also thinking about replacing the pushrod tubes, engine seems to be a bit leaky and a bet those seals gave up the ghost awhile ago. sorry to derail this thread a bit.
1963 356 S T6 Karmann Coupe (stock engine)
Front disc brake conversion
GDP Dual Exhaust
Momo Classic steering wheel
SMD headlights
CUlayer LED rear tails
Superleicht spec (aka missing V brace and copious amounts of Bondo)