History of my 1962 356B T6 hardtop coupe notchback?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Peter Smit
356 Fan

History of my 1962 356B T6 hardtop coupe notchback?

#1 Post by Peter Smit »

Can anyone help with the history of a 1962 356B red or yellow hardtop coupe notchback?

Long shot, but I'm trying anyway to puzzle together the history of my '62 notchback.
I've tried the DMV, Google searches etc - nothing turns up.

I've bought the car (painted red) in 1988 from Jeffrey Smith, a realtor in Phoenix, Arizona. He had bought it for his wife and couldn't remember previous owners.
There were old 1973 Arizona plates WDZ-299 in the car, presumably it was in Az at that time - if those were the car's plates.
Originally it was champagne yellow and delivered late 1961 to Roland T. Wyler, Olean (?), N.Y. through Hoffman Motors New York. VIN 201692.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
If it does or if you have any tips to find out more, would you please contact me?

Many thanks!
Peter
IMG_3725HTCPE copy.jpg
Were are you engine #700267 ?

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

Re: History of my 1962 356B T6 hardtop coupe notchback?

#2 Post by Edwin Ek »

Roland T. Wyler is an uncommon name. There is a website called usa-people-search.com. It scans databases and finds references. The initial search is free. I just tried it and found a Roland Wyler. Perhaps that is a thread to pull.

Peter Smit
356 Fan

Re: History of my 1962 356B T6 hardtop coupe notchback?

#3 Post by Peter Smit »

Thanks Edwin! That's worth trying too.
Meanwhile I've also found a Roland T. Wyles who was president of the Laketown Auto Sales Inc in Cuba, NY. Perhaps his name had a typo in the first delivery info I received from Porsche Germany - it's all hand written. Further a good friend told me that Hoffman Motors sold to dealers. The 1959 Sportscar Illustrated magazine has an ad for a Citroen DS and Laketown Auto Sales is listed as one of the dealers - perhaps they sold other foreign cars like Porsches too. At the moment I'm trying to track down family because the DMV archives seem to be a dead end.
Were are you engine #700267 ?