356A Carrera - Ex Dean Jeffries - Bonhams at the Quail

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jay Wiener
356 Fan

Re: 356A Carrera - Ex Dean Jeffries - Bonhams at the Quail

#46 Post by Jay Wiener »

Hi Trevor, I was actually thinking about the LAX Hilton for the Lit Show. However; there are only 2 spots and Stoddard filled them already. I haven't made it to the Phoenix Club yet. I'll pm you.

Thanks, Jay

Jay Wiener
356 Fan

#47 Post by Jay Wiener »

Dear Registry Members, rumor has it that this "Bitchen" Carrera might be making an appearance at Luftgekuhlt 2019 LA at the Universal Hilton

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#48 Post by Mark Pribanic »

That is great news!
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#49 Post by Jack Walter »

We had to gang up on Patrick Long a little bit but three of us managed to get his people to reconsider allowing Dean's car into the Luftgekuhlt show...
Wish I could be there to see it but I'll be in upstate New York that week - take lots of pictures.

Richard Emerson
356 Fan

#50 Post by Richard Emerson »

The design is polarizing; some love some don’t. Especially
Since the original coupe is so pure.

But if it’s true you are using a plain bearing crank you need the oil coolers (roller bearing didn’t) - maybe take the driving lights out temporarily and use those openings if not enclosed. Or go to a push rod.

Jay Wiener
356 Fan

#51 Post by Jay Wiener »

The car is the first outlaw Porsche and purely SoCal hotrod culture. Not to mention that Dean's shop was right down the street from Universal Studios

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#52 Post by Adam Wright »

Jack Walter wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:50 pm We had to gang up on Patrick Long a little bit but three of us managed to get his people to reconsider allowing Dean's car into the Luftgekuhlt show...
Wish I could be there to see it but I'll be in upstate New York that week - take lots of pictures.
Jack, feel free to stop by Unobtanium HQ if you have Porsche withdrawal.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Richard Emerson
356 Fan

#53 Post by Richard Emerson »

It should be great to have it at Luft. No doubt attract a lot of interest.

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#54 Post by Jack Walter »

Jay is going to have so much fun showing the car for the first time in its home town since it left in 1962. I know that every time I showed the car people would stop by and tell me stories about it or Dean Jeffries that I never knew.
Its surprising how polarizing the Carrera can be but if you know the history of the Porsche and its connections to the era when it was created it really is a pretty neat artifact of its time.

I'm thrilled that the car will be at the Luftgekuhlt show - it was always my dream to get the car back to California and show it at events like this. I just hope that its only the first of many shows the Dean Jeffries Carrera will be shared with its fans back in its real home.
From my conversations with Dean over the years he never liked to talk too much about himself - it was always about the cars and this one was very special to him. He was only 23 years old when he built this car - how many of us could even imagine doing this at that age.

Jay Wiener
356 Fan

#55 Post by Jay Wiener »

Thank you Jack again for all your help. Jay will also be driving the Bitchen piece of history to the show! None of this flatbed nonsense. I'm thinking of taking Mulholland, in true McQueen fashion, while wearing Persols of course.