Finally a roof!

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Finally a roof!

#1 Post by Adam Wright »

I've had to leave a couple of my cars outside for a couple of years due to storage issues. There is never enough covered storage in this hobby. Recently my wife has started collecting rental properties and the latest duplex had a barn with it. A dry barn big enough to hold three cars. I was able to squeeze my 70 914, a 58 Coupe that won Daytona, and a rolled over C Coupe that will be the chassis for the 550 project. Since I won't be getting to any of those projects for a couple of years now I don't have to worry about rain or snow. The Daytona car I didn't worry too much about it being outside, it was dumped in the mud in 1969 and sat there until I pulled it out a few years ago. The things people did with old race cars back in the day!
Attachments
IMG_1895.JPG
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1893.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

John Lindstrom
356 Fan

Re: Finally a roof!

#2 Post by John Lindstrom »

Race cars don’t get much love.

John Weyand
356 Fan

Re: Finally a roof!

#3 Post by John Weyand »

Be sure to measure the posts and structure for installation of an emergency hammock. That looks like an excellent "doghouse". That would be much more comfortable than a reclined 356 seat.
John W
'64 "C" coupe