Daily Digest - Microsoft Read Aloud Speech

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Ian William Stockwell
356 Fan
Tag: 356 not just a number

Daily Digest - Microsoft Read Aloud Speech

#1 Post by Ian William Stockwell »

Hi All

Love the fact that I can read the daily digest every morning at 9am but I have now just discovered Microsoft ‘Read Aloud Speech’ which allows me to listen to the digest when I am doing something else like driving or working on my car, BRILLIANT.
There is one criticism, which is not apparent until you use Read Aloud, and that is, under score, underscore,underscore,underscore,underscore,underscore,etc. etc. etc. etc.
After each message there is an underscore line, possibly 20 underscores, this is read out like the text, and it tends to spoil the enjoyment of listening to the digest.
Have a listen yourself and see what I mean.
Can anything be done about this.
Tried to contact 356talkadmin but emails just bounce back.

Keep up the great work

KTF

Ian Stockwell
Porsche engine DNA is Flat Four, Flat Six & Flat Twelve NOT Flat Battery Packs :(

John Lindstrom
356 Fan

Re: Daily Digest - Microsoft Read Aloud Speech

#2 Post by John Lindstrom »

What is the daily digest?

Nanette Reid
356 Fan

#3 Post by Nanette Reid »

John Lindstrom wrote:What is the daily digest?
John, you can sign up for a daily email to be delivered at a time of your choice. This simply condenses all the topics that were discussed, up to your selected time, being delivered in text form to your inbox. I like to read over breakfast (usually) but today I was busy so I read over lunch instead.

It's a great way to read everything in the morning without needing to login and scroll, which can often be either a) intrusive to your day or b) annoying when you are in a rush!

As Ian has pointed out, an added advantage is that it can be read to you - not so easy when visiting the forum itself. :D

Ian William Stockwell
356 Fan
Tag: 356 not just a number

#4 Post by Ian William Stockwell »

Hi Nanette

My wife and I are coming over to Adelaide in the new year so would be great to meet up and check out your car.

Ian
Porsche engine DNA is Flat Four, Flat Six & Flat Twelve NOT Flat Battery Packs :(

Nanette Reid
356 Fan

#5 Post by Nanette Reid »

Ian William Stockwell wrote:Hi Nanette

My wife and I are coming over to Adelaide in the new year so would be great to meet up and check out your car.

Ian
Hi Ian.

Look forward to meeting you!
Drop me a line when you know your plans and we can definitely catch up. :)

N

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#6 Post by Greg Bryan »

Ian - thanks for bringing this up. I can see where it would be a nice feature. However, I have experienced the same thing in the windows read aloud program - it can't seem to distinguish between actual text and formatting and as a result it is extremely annoying.
I can ask the web team if there is a work-around, but I can't imagine it will be a high priority project considering the ongoing challenges of keeping the site maintained.
Greg Bryan