Speedster Chassis Number Authentication

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
James Davies
356Talk Moderator

Re: Speedster Chassis Number Authentication

#16 Post by James Davies »

Olivier AUVRAY wrote:4) Regarding this speedster, the chain of ownership is much more important than the shape of a number............
Truth.

Mike DeJonge
356 Fan

#17 Post by Mike DeJonge »

the "find" in France, seems a little fishy to me. the chain of ownership has not been verified. the vin panel which is discussed here has not been pictured in the car, plus there are some discrepancies about it. If this vin panel is actually in the car, why not post some pictures of it? very few pictures of the car have been posted. Not much has been verified of the car, which makes me think something is wrong. somebody rebuilding the car?
Mike dejonge
Restoration Design Inc.
52 Pre A Body Bumper X2
53 Pre A coupe
54 Pre A speedster
56 Speedster
60 D'letern Roadster
67 911
05 997

Bernard Moix
356 Fan

#18 Post by Bernard Moix »

There seems to be several different typefaces used. Here is our 80522, unrestored, 1st paint.
The '2' is very different from some other pictures here.
Attachments
CP80522 (106).JPG

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#19 Post by Adam Wright »

I agree the owner of the car has been cagey about details on this car, with a few pics trickling out. But in his defense if the car is what he says it is, you want to approach it's debut carefully and cautiously, the stakes are very very high with a car like this. So his reluctance to go full pictorial is justified. Looks more like sending up some trial balloons, probably hoping to get as much outside info as possible before debuting the car. Or he is prepping it for sale, as a quiet private sale, and doesn't want to disclose the current condition of the car, for fear of hurting a future value. I've seen this happen before, no before pics.

So before I rush to judgement about anything fishy, I think we should ride this one out a little.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.