Rhys Haydon, New Trustee, Introduction.

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Rhys and Karisa Haydon
Registry Trustee

Rhys Haydon, New Trustee, Introduction.

#1 Post by Rhys and Karisa Haydon »

Hello,

My name is Rhys Haydon and I was recently appointed to the open Trustee position. I was planning on running in this next election and wanted to share my candidate statement with you.

Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. I want to be a Trustee because the Registry is important to me. As the Classified Moderator for the past 5 years or so the Registry has been a near daily part of my life, as it is for many of you. I fell in love with the 356 in my mid-20’s and now am fortunate enough to have both a 56 Coupe and a 64 Coupe.

Those who know me know that my wife Karisa is a big part of my life and shares my passion for Porsche. We are drivers and spend much of our time together in our cars exploring. We now have a 11 month old daughter, Renn.

Please don’t hesitate to share your opinions and thoughts with me. My email is rhyshaydon@porsche356registry.org.

Here is my original Candidate statement.

Hello,
My name is Rhys Haydon. I am from and live in the Seattle area. Being in my mid-30’s I am one of the younger folks here in the Registry however my love for the 356 started in my 20’s and I purchased my first 356 when I was 29 years old and completing my schooling as a Family Nurse Practitioner. I drove that 64 Coupe near daily for a few years and now also have a 56 Coupe that some of you may remember my wife and I taking a 10,000 mile road trip in two years ago.
I joined the Registry before having a 356 in order to learn about these cars. Shortly after purchasing a car I began volunteering as the Classified Moderator as a way to give back and become more involved. In my work I have served on multiple Board of Directors and also currently serve on my local 356 Group Northwest Board as Secretary.
Being in the healthcare profession has taught me that there is more than one way to do things and hearing each side within a group is essential when making decisions that impact everybody. I also feel that our club is at a point where we need to work to attract younger members and show them the joys of these cars. Social outreach encompassing of both social media recognition as well as encouraging members to bring their cars to events outside the Registry events will help attract a younger audience. If elected I see myself as an advocate of bringing youth in our community and passing on the knowledge and experience of our current membership body.
I am fortunate that my wife Karisa also shares the 356 passion and with our new daughter Renn we attend events in our area nearly every weekend. We are drivers and our number one hobby we do as a family is spending time in our cars. Following our wedding, we attended the West Coast Holiday at Skamania Lodge and this past year I was in Arizona for that amazing holiday. We are currently all signed up for the Bend holiday and along with my local club were looking forward to volunteering. I have also enjoyed the Literature Show each year as Porsche literature is another hobby of mine.
I hope you will see that I will keep the club memberships best interests in mind. I bring youth and the passion for these cars. I look forward to being involved with the Registry for many more decades and feel that now is a time when I can offer my time and energy to help us move forward. I humbly ask for your vote and will do my best to represent you if elected.
IMG_2624.jpg
IMG_2624.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1091 times
1956 Coupe "Marilyn"
1964 Coupe "Homer"
Instagram: @therhys

Debbie Cooper
356 Registry Member

Re: Rhys Haydon, New Trustee, Introduction.

#2 Post by Debbie Cooper »

Rhys,

Great post and welcome to the Board!

Debbie
Debbie Cooper
'56 S/R Coupe
'60 S90 Roadster
'63 S S/R Coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#3 Post by Adam Wright »

Congrats, but be on guard, I heard there are "problems associated with a minority faction on the board." Very cryptic and mysterious.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Craig Richter
356 Fan

#4 Post by Craig Richter »

Renn Haydon... nice ring to it. She's a Porsche girl with a pedigree.

Jason Laster
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jason Laster »

Thanks for stepping up to help the club out even more Rhys. I didn't notice in the latest magazine, but will you also continue to moderate the classified?
1963 Porsche 356B
1989 Porsche 964 Carrera 4
1962 VW 15 Window Deluxe

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#6 Post by Mike Wilson »

Let me add my sincere thanks as well. I like where your head is at, youngster! Ha!

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jerry Baumchen
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jerry Baumchen »

Rhys and Karisa Haydon wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:38 pm Hello,

My name is Rhys Haydon and I was recently appointed to the open Trustee position. I was planning on running in this next election and wanted to share my candidate statement with you.

Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. I want to be a Trustee because the Registry is important to me. As the Classified Moderator for the past 5 years or so the Registry has been a near daily part of my life, as it is for many of you. I fell in love with the 356 in my mid-20’s and now am fortunate enough to have both a 56 Coupe and a 64 Coupe.

Those who know me know that my wife Karisa is a big part of my life and shares my passion for Porsche. We are drivers and spend much of our time together in our cars exploring. We now have a 11 month old daughter, Renn.

Please don’t hesitate to share your opinions and thoughts with me. My email is rhyshaydon@porsche356registry.org.

Here is my original Candidate statement.

Hello,
My name is Rhys Haydon. I am from and live in the Seattle area. Being in my mid-30’s I am one of the younger folks here in the Registry however my love for the 356 started in my 20’s and I purchased my first 356 when I was 29 years old and completing my schooling as a Family Nurse Practitioner. I drove that 64 Coupe near daily for a few years and now also have a 56 Coupe that some of you may remember my wife and I taking a 10,000 mile road trip in two years ago.
I joined the Registry before having a 356 in order to learn about these cars. Shortly after purchasing a car I began volunteering as the Classified Moderator as a way to give back and become more involved. In my work I have served on multiple Board of Directors and also currently serve on my local 356 Group Northwest Board as Secretary.
Being in the healthcare profession has taught me that there is more than one way to do things and hearing each side within a group is essential when making decisions that impact everybody. I also feel that our club is at a point where we need to work to attract younger members and show them the joys of these cars. Social outreach encompassing of both social media recognition as well as encouraging members to bring their cars to events outside the Registry events will help attract a younger audience. If elected I see myself as an advocate of bringing youth in our community and passing on the knowledge and experience of our current membership body.
I am fortunate that my wife Karisa also shares the 356 passion and with our new daughter Renn we attend events in our area nearly every weekend. We are drivers and our number one hobby we do as a family is spending time in our cars. Following our wedding, we attended the West Coast Holiday at Skamania Lodge and this past year I was in Arizona for that amazing holiday. We are currently all signed up for the Bend holiday and along with my local club were looking forward to volunteering. I have also enjoyed the Literature Show each year as Porsche literature is another hobby of mine.
I hope you will see that I will keep the club memberships best interests in mind. I bring youth and the passion for these cars. I look forward to being involved with the Registry for many more decades and feel that now is a time when I can offer my time and energy to help us move forward. I humbly ask for your vote and will do my best to represent you if elected.
IMG_2624.jpg
Hi Rhys,

Good to see you step up. And, best of luck with the job.

As one of the few here who have actually met you, I'm confident in what you will do for all of us.

Jerry Baumchen

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee
Instagram: @mtbranning

#8 Post by Michael Branning »

Rhys, welcome to the board! We look forward to hearing your viewpoints on how to make the Registry more relevant and relatable to the less-gray haired Porsche 356 lovers out there!
Michael Branning
356 Registry Vice President/Trustee
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#9 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Congratulations Rhys! Thank you for giving back to the club & the 356 community.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#10 Post by George Bryan »

Congratulations Rhys. Nice write up. Wishing you the best in the new job. Hope to meet you in the future. Regards, George

Alex Mestas
356 Fan
Tag: It’s only a hobby.

#11 Post by Alex Mestas »

Congratulations Rhys!
It’s refreshing to see the next generation of Porsche enthusiast getting involved in our Registry. Having been involved in many different boards over the years, I found that the secret to success, is to advocate for your constituents and treat everyone the same. Works every time.
1963 356 T-6 Coupe Signal Red.
1973.5 911 T Coupe Ivory.
1989 911 Carrera Targa Grd Prix White.

Rick Wall
356 Fan

#12 Post by Rick Wall »

Congratulations Rhys, nice to have a local member as a trustee.
Rick

Geoff Fleming
356 Fan

#13 Post by Geoff Fleming »

Terrific! A true enthusiast, indeed.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#14 Post by Jim Liberty »

Rhys, welcome, and a refreshing add to the board. As one of the really old, and grumpy members, I'm delighted to see some youth introduced to the gang. Whoever decided to get Cliff back, I say THANK YOU. He has a wealth of knowledge about our cars, and also a youngster. ....................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Rhys and Karisa Haydon
Registry Trustee

#15 Post by Rhys and Karisa Haydon »

Jason,

I will continue at this time, but hope to pass that on when someone else is looking to get more involved!

Rhys

Jason Laster wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 pm Thanks for stepping up to help the club out even more Rhys. I didn't notice in the latest magazine, but will you also continue to moderate the classified?
1956 Coupe "Marilyn"
1964 Coupe "Homer"
Instagram: @therhys