Passing of Jim Barrington.

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Steve Raucher
356 Fan

Passing of Jim Barrington.

#1 Post by Steve Raucher »

Did not see the post so I thought I would give the sad news of the June 2 passing of Jim Barrington after a long battle with cancer.
Owned many Porsche's and other neat cars etc. over the years and even in the 1980's owned the transmission out of James Deans 550 Spyder.
I own the Glaspar Speedster hardtop he had at one time on his beautiful silver Speedster.
A long time family friend of ours may he rest in Peace. Condolences to his son Brian and all other family members.
Steve

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Passing of Jim Barrington.

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

Jim was a great guy, he will be sorely missed. I had the chance to visit him some years ago, it was an amazing collection and a greater love for Porsche could not be found.

I will miss him.

He was the true Gmundmeister, I think he owned 4 of them, not many people can say that.
Attachments
Redman_20-_20Barrington.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Bil Brown
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bil Brown »

Jim spent a day here at the shop some years back. He needed a place to store his son`s Motocross bike for a few weeks. We had some beers and talked Porsche most of the day. Saw him last at RennV.....R.I.P. brother.
Bill Brown

John Linden
356 Fan

#4 Post by John Linden »

So sorry to hear that we have lost Jim.

A couple of years back, I had to close an estate that included a Porsche Tractor that had to be sold. I called Jim for advise and he made it all so easy by taking the tractor. Always helpful. Always a gentleman. RIP Jim.

John Linden
Alamo, CA
John Linden
Alamo, CA
63 Cab

Ed Lawrence
356 Fan
Tag: Keeping the 356 Faith!

#5 Post by Ed Lawrence »

I am stunned and saddened to hear the passing of Jim.

I sent Jim an email last month, wondering if he had any history on my car. Within minutes of me sending the email, he replied with "call me" giving me his number.

We talked for maybe an hour, he entertained me with good stories, but didn't have any additional information on my car. I just thought what a cool guy. I was honored to talk with him.

RIP Jim.
Ed Lawrence
1959 sunroof coupe
Instagram - @the.ed.lawrence
www.356sog.org

Bob Guerin
356 Fan

#6 Post by Bob Guerin »

All -

I am stunned and saddened by the passing of Jim Barrington. Several years ago, Jim served on a Board of Directors for a Technology Company I worked for - while dealing with difficult issues, he was always the voice of reason, expressing himself with warmth and kindness.Jim was a special man.

He continually encouraged me to find my 62 Roadster, and buy another 356 - which my wife and I finally did. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Bob

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#7 Post by Adam Wright »

Several years ago Jim invited me to what was essentially his private museum. It was amazing, everything from a Gmund to a Sherman Tank engine, Jim was a lot of fun to talk to.
Here is a link to some pics:

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/200 ... ndmeister/

I think he had been contemplating his mortality of late, he called me several months ago and said he was going to send me a big box of random stuff, 550 Spyder racing stats, pics, lots of cool stuff. It was stuff he had compiled to give to Steve Heinrichs but since Steve was no longer with us he wanted it to go somewhere. I was humbled and honored.

I will miss Jim, he was always very nice to me and I never heard a bad word spoken about him. He had great stories, like the time he had some crazy tank/weapon launcher on a trailer and had CHP follow him for miles.
Attachments
P1170258.JPG
ba24.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Crister Kaiser
356 Fan

#8 Post by Crister Kaiser »

As far as I understand Jim Barrington owned the 356/2-032. Is there anyone who knows where this car is today?