The ECH...a few words about Ocean City NJ

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
C J Murray
356 Fan

The ECH...a few words about Ocean City NJ

#1 Post by C J Murray »

There may be members thinking of going to the ECH that may be concerned about the venue because they have never been there. If you have been there no such concerns exist.

OC, NJ is quite different from OC, MD and most other seaside resorts. The most obvious difference is that the town is "dry", no alcohol. No worries, plenty of places in very closely adjoining towns have adult beverages and private parties in OC NJ are not affected by the prohibition. The reason I mention this is that when you are in OC NJ there is very rarely any sort of bad behavior by people who have problems controlling themselves. Bad behavior is not tolerated in town and you and your car are safe there. Even parking your car on the street is safe there.

The town is also a nice combination of different types of buildings but excludes high-rise monsters. The boardwalk is very nice as is the beach. The ECH is after prime beach time and driving down the coast through Sea Isle, Avalon, Stone Harbor, and Cape May should be a delight.

Bring along your favorite beverage, Coke or Pepsi :wink: , and enjoy a place that I have enjoyed for 50 years.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

Re: The ECH...a few words about Ocean City NJ

#2 Post by Edwin Ek »

+1,000

I have spent several wonderful summers there!

George Kehler
356 Fan

#3 Post by George Kehler »

Sound like great fun !! See you’all there.
George Kehler II

1955 Coupe
1971 911 S
1997 993 Targa

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

I'll be there, and am bringing my lady, she will do a Holiday, not real keen on the swap meets.

She will look the same, the car however will be silver.
Attachments
jessroad.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#5 Post by Jim Liberty »

+1 on CJs comments. I lived in Sea Bright, NJ for a number of years. The Pine Barons are beautiful as well.

................................Should be a wonderful event. .........Jim.
Jim Liberty

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

#6 Post by Sean M Rooks »

OCNJ was where we went almost every summer growing up in PA as a kid. Looking forward to being there this year for our first Registry Holiday as owners.

Just need to find a place to get a decent pork roll sandwich on the Boardwalk now that the old Taylor Pork Roll place is gone.

Ned Gorski
356 Fan

#7 Post by Ned Gorski »

sounds like fun looking forward to it .. see you then .

Regards Ned

M Penta
356 Fan

#8 Post by M Penta »

Have been visiting my in laws in OCNJ for years, my Wife spent Summers there growing up. We love our annual trips to OCNJ, and I will especially love this one as my first ECH. Yes, a dry town, but Circle Liquors right across the bridge...

My Wife and kids will probably spend most of the time with her parents, allowing me plenty of time to talk cars and meet everyone.

Definitely plan on driving the 356, but will also have a support vehicle as we can not all fit in it.

Should be fun!