Need help: T6 owners in Los Angeles

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

Need help: T6 owners in Los Angeles

#1 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Hello all. I'm working with Russ Rodriguez at Fibersteel to develop an even lower height "big boy" GT style bucket seat mounting system for my '64 Coupe. This would suit the long of torso or those 6'4" and up like me who need headroom.

Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong (right) coast and can't bring my car for a test fit. If you have a T6 and wouldn't mind helping out a member, shoot me a PM!

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

Re: Need help: T6 owners in Los Angeles

#2 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Near Azusa. LA is a big place.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan

#3 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Thanks, Doug. I've been to LA a grand total of twice so...

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan

#4 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Just wanted to publicly thank the members who reached out! I think (hope) Russ has a good contact now to test fit the seat mounts in a T6. Thank you again! Will post in the project thread when I have the new mounting solution.

-Sean

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan

#5 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Dear members - If you know of anyone who would be willing to drive their T6 356 to Russ's shop in Asuza, it'd be much appreciated.

Russ has visited a local body shop (hung luu) to test fit some new seat mounts he's fabricated for my GT seats, but none of the 356s undergoing work at the shop had seat rails installed.

It'd also be ideal if Russ could test his new parts in a car with seat rails, carpet, heater sliders, etc. installed to test clearances and things.

He's swamped right now and can't continue to spend time driving over with seats, parts, tools, etc. :(

If someone could help I'd be greatly appreciative and would compensate the generous owner somehow! (nice bottle of local Virginia whiskey? Open to offers!)